What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
Used a derailleur hanger alignment tool for the first time, was having shifting issues on 2 bikes which is all fixed now.

Note to self: Stop hitting the derailleur on things.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I think I'm going to put the DHF back on the front wheel until it dries out a lot more!

After my fall I'm feeling a bit less confident in the front wheel...

In other news, I bought my replacement helmet, another Giro Chronicle. I can't be fucked with sending back the helmet for $20 only to save $40 on what I just paid anyway.

Also bought some brake pads.

My new chainring should be in the country soon too! Just wish this pesky rib injury would clear up..

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Please don't tell me you threw yourself on the ground! #isthebikeok
Hopefully nothing more than bruised ego. :)

If replacing the lever isn't an option due to parts availability or it's not too bad, just hit it with heat and coerce it back into shape (cover it first so as not to leave a mark)

Some of the trails there are so sketchy in the wet.

The Paradox is sorely overdue a ride. At some point I'll get to Redhill on it. Might regret that on Crusher!
I like your thinking but I'm not entirely sure a bit of heat is going to bring it back....

Long story short (actually wasn't long, I don't really know what happened) I decided to otb superman a bit of Fall Line rather than ride it like a normal person.

Apart from the lever the bike seems fine though, amazingly. Pretty stoked about that.

Red Hill is a weird place when wet. The top part of Crusher was awesome but the section after those successive drops just looked like a quagmire. Didn't even try Pins based on previous soggy / sketchy af experiences but Deadwould was awesome and I think Crits is actually easier when wet. Feels like it has a bit more give in it or something.

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
ON what's it now? Got a link?
@wkkie is it like this?

moorey

call me Mia
Considering a trip out to forrest next week. Is it worth the trip? Bout an hour and half from mine, videos look great.
Some great trails in parts. Plenty of pedaling to be had to get to enjoy the best descents, but well worth it based on my limited experience.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Definitely worth a trip if you have never been, very XC trails with some nice log rides. The North Yaugher trails are my favourite ones, Marriners, Grasstrees and others on the Superloop, the red carpet descent used to be sensational, it had flow before flow was a thing.

I remember Forrest was getting a cash injection a few years back, not sure if they got it or if anything has been done but from what I hear, its been a small team of vollies working on it since it was built with very little or no outside cash help.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Nice WFH lunchtime ride to my local today. Great to get out. Bit sore though, the calves are complaining. The last few weeks we’ve gone pretty easy on it, so I felt the hills.