What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Installed the C1 Debonair upgrade, burnished the bushes again (for shits and giggles).

Initial street bounce-test is positive. The debonair does seem to play nicer with my JBAC/Runt setup.

The upgraded seal head doesn't have a mechanical topout due to the modified bumper, and as a result of this seems to pneumatically topout like the previous debonair.

ausdb

Being who he is
I started my day buying some forks from @RealizE

As it's school holidays and I've got the week off I even went for a bike ride. I took my son & his mate to the trails at Lake Leschenaultia. His mate had never been off road before but is fearless and has more energy than the energiser bunny.
I also found out a few things whilst I was there:
I've lost what little jumping skills I used to have.
I'm shit at pump tracks.
I'm not very fit either!
DSC_6672-picsay.jpg
MOV_6674_000000-picsay.jpg
DSC_6676-picsay.jpg

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bit of roadie maintenance. Got rid of the stupid internal sleeves and ran full length cable outers to make much nicer shifts and easy cable replacements.
Then checked the brakes lol. Seems I'm just as bad at remembering brakes on this bike as I am with the MTB's

While on the subject of brakes, was also checking over my bike after the race on the weekend and found the rear caliper cracked through :(
No f'n idea how that would have happened I don't think I've ever touched it since bike purchase and doesn't seem to have any impact marks on it!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Bit of roadie maintenance. Got rid of the stupid internal sleeves and ran full length cable outers to make much nicer shifts and easy cable replacements.
Then checked the brakes lol. Seems I'm just as bad at remembering brakes on this bike as I am with the MTB's

View attachment 374168

While on the subject of brakes, was also checking over my bike after the race on the weekend and found the rear caliper cracked through :(
No f'n idea how that would have happened I don't think I've ever touched it since bike purchase and doesn't seem to have any impact marks on it!

View attachment 374169
Put a straight edge across the mounts and see how true they are.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 374168

View attachment 374169
My little washers both cracked ( possibly due to my immense strength )- i have removed them often , which set the caliper on a course of screeching when brakes applied , new pads , new disc - oh , shoulda checked that ......

madstace

Likes Dirt
Changed up the suspension on the Katipo again. Back to full coil, but this time 160mm front and 150mm rear.

Also got rid of that pesky Marzocchi red. :p
View attachment 374171
I speed-scrolled past this pic and read it as BOOMER, which reminded me of a strange tech at one of the LBSs me and @blacksp20 used to go to who would call them "Marzoomi", so your shock is now the Marzoomi Boomer :p

Flow-Rider

Burner
Certainly looks like an angle issue.
The F180p/p2 is flat on the PM side and slightly angled on the caliper side, even got the proper angle washers which is more than I have on some bikes, strange one.
If it's been clamped down unevenly, I would imagine even with the heat expansion from normal riding might start a small crack that grows, but only a guess, lots of different things can cause cracks.

Litenbror

Eats Squid

View attachment 374168

View attachment 374169
Pretty sure I have a spare SLX caliper in the parts bin at home if you want to PM me.