What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Set myself a 250km goal for the mostly bachelor week.
Wet ride this morning. Poured for last hour. Got home confident I’d ticked it over without checking.
View attachment 374014

Had to face the rain for a quick around part of my block.
View attachment 374015View attachment 374016
Look at you being all serious and shit :D

This will be next

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
After continually missing each other for a couple of hours, eventually bumped into @Jpez at You Yangs this morning.

I must be improving - I could keep him in sight for half the descents this time, and didn't feel like I was going to have a heart attack riding backup the fireroad with him. Dodged the rain too, good morning for a spin. (*Remember, in sight doesn't mean close! :p)

Oh, and shout out to @The Reverend who quite literally had a crowd of people around him and his new Deviate Highlander, nice to (briefly) meet you! :) Didn't even realise you were a Victorian-based RB member so I was totally confused, haha!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Kinda. Except the bigger, uglier version:

I got a Dreadnought. In black too. The XL frame is hilariously, hilariously f***ing enormous. 464mm chainstays...
Those just look so sick.

My mate bought a 2016 v2 Bronson the other day, large. He's got a v1 large, which is hilariously small for him. I tried to tell him, he even rode mine, which by today's standards is still too small, but he got a large anyway, and has now done it again with a slightly larger large.

He claims to have short arms but he's taller than me, he's 188cm I think, definitely XL for most bikes. He can't seem to get over the old sizing he's been so used to. We're going to bike swap on a ride and his v2 is a tad smaller than my v1 with similar angles given my -1 headset and 160mm fork it will probably feel a lot like mine. He rides the undersized bike well because he's used to it but I'd feel like I wasted my money not progressing to something more modern.

And the mention of the angle headset brings me to what I did for my bike. There's a front end creak. I took the stem and spacer off and cleaned as there was some dust, did it all back up and still a creak. Double checked it all, made sure the noise was coming from the front end, could be the fork corwn resonating through the headtube too. Anyone had a creaky Works headset or 2016 Pike? It's got about 850km on the headset since installation, and fork was serviced at the same time.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
After continually missing each other for a couple of hours, eventually bumped into @Jpez at You Yangs this morning.

I must be improving - I could keep him in sight for half the descents this time, and didn't feel like I was going to have a heart attack riding backup the fireroad with him. Dodged the rain too, good morning for a spin. (*Remember, in sight doesn't mean close! :p)

Oh, and shout out to @The Reverend who quite literally had a crowd of people around him and his new Deviate Highlander, nice to (briefly) meet you! :) Didn't even realise you were a Victorian-based RB member so I was totally confused, haha!
I got out there (plantation) with old mate beginner at about 9am.

Rode up to the rocky part of junction and said if he was keen we could do the fire road and come down junction.

He was keen and did alright considering he was on the spare Polygon Siskiu D6.

He's convinced he is going to save some cash and buy a bike now.

Got caught in the rain about 10mins from the cars. Got absolutely drenched Trails were running mint though.

Kinder spewing I missed the Deviate Highlander viewing though

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I got out there (plantation) with old mate beginner at about 9am.

Rode up to the rocky part of junction and said if he was keen we could do the fire road and come down junction.

He was keen and did alright considering he was on the spare Polygon Siskiu D6.

He's convinced he is going to save some cash and buy a bike now.

Got caught in the rain about 10mins from the cars. Got absolutely drenched Trails were running mint though.

Kinder spewing I missed the Deviate Highlander viewing though
Gaaaah - I thought you were going tomorrow! Haha, I'm an idiot... :oops:

I guess I'm lucky I dodged the rain, but it still would've been good to say G'day.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Gaaaah - I thought you were going tomorrow! Haha, I'm an idiot... :oops:

I guess I'm lucky I dodged the rain, but it still would've been good to say G'day.
Nah all good, I meant to mention it yesterday, but forgot.

Might be able to convince old mate to do a stockyards ride next time. Dam view, rockwell and that bottom track are plenty easy for him. I did mention that lactic was easier than the part of junction he did.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Last edited: