What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
In other news, I've been doing some glute exercises on and off (not as strict as I should be) and today I focused on using them instead of my quads to climb and make progress.

Well what a difference! I got up the hills with less fatigue, my legs had more energy to absorb bumps when descending and best of all, no back pain at the end!!

This is probably normal for you lot but for me this is a revelation!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Since they don’t make the Hans Dampf in the lighter snakeskin (Super Ground) casing anymore (for the front of a trail bike) I’m considering trying the Dissector exo as it’s the same weight as the lightest HD now (Super Trail).

Only concern is the Dissector has that pattern with a massive gap to the edge blocks with no intermediate blocks.
Try a Nobby Nic ?
I had Nobby Nics , F&R , Went to 'new style ' Hans Dampf F&R , now on Hans D rear and Magic Mary on Front

Magic Mary is Super Trail casing tho .

In saying that , only have had one puncture - which was a stick as fat as my sausagey fingers go through

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Yeah, my mate is running a Newton ST front/SS rear. Great grip up front he says.
Half a dozen rides on in Newtons (non ST) front and rear and I'm happy. Better on the sandy hardback at Stromlo than the Michy Wild Enduro, but as you've said before the Wild Enduro is the one to beat for bomb proof go anywhere grip.

I dont get the love for Maxxis tyres in general, ive always been a bit underwhelmed.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Half a dozen rides on in Newtons (non ST) front and rear and I'm happy. Better on the sandy hardback at Stromlo than the Michy Wild Enduro, but as you've said before the Wild Enduro is the one to beat for bomb proof go anywhere grip.

I dont get the love for Maxxis tyres in general, ive always been a bit underwhelmed.
What are they like when you push them through high speed corners on hardpack ?

Years ago someone told me to try a Magic Mary, best tyre ever blah, blah. The first high speed corner I come to, I lean the bike over and it just goes straight ahead off the trail from the nobbies flexing, tore all the side of my leg open of a gravel dirt mound. Still got the tyre sitting on a rack to this day and looks brand new.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have 2 sets of Michelin on the way, well I actually got the very elusive and very sold out 29" Wild Enduro front MagiX from @beeb

The 29" Wild Enduro GumX rear is coming as well as a set of Wild AM² in 27.5, always worth trying some new stuff.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
What are they like when you push them through high speed corners on hardpack ?

Years ago someone told me to try a Magic Mary, best tyre ever blah, blah. The first high speed corner I come to, I lean the bike over and it just goes straight ahead off the trail from the nobbies flexing, tore all the side of my leg open of a gravel dirt mound. Still got the tyre sitting on a rack to this day and looks brand new.
Good so far, but to be fair ive not pushed them hard yet - only one ride on cleats where i had confidence to push! But I guess the best thing I can say about them is that I didnt think about them riding yet.

moorey

call me Mia
Ticked over the 40,000km of riding mark on Runkeeper today. Not sure how long I’ve been using the app, maybe 10 years? I don’t record every ride, so a couple of thousand more in total maybe.
Clocked up over 200km and 5000m of MTB elevation since Friday. This bachelor life is doing wonders for my legs.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Finally got round to adding some Slickoleum to my stanchions, yes there was dirt in there, should be nice and clean now! Also cleaned the rotors with Isopropyl alcohol and loosened the derailleur clutch a bit, let's see if that improves the gear change a little.

Tomorrow I'm taking the children to the trails, the eldest of which is taking his mum's 29er instead of his 24er! We'll be sticking to green trails methinks!