What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
went and did course sweep/cleanup for the wombat shifty fifty, seems like they got 350 odd numbers which is pretty good. they let the 30km compete start up till an hr late which meant i was way behind the 50 riders ended up catching 2 girls in the last 8kms. they were happily riding along but must have taken them a good 5 hrs, i rolled across the fin line with them - they enjoyed themselves despite being the only people around along with the race dir. and timing guy—they are training for some ultra endurance adventure race, they are running 20km tomorrow -i showed them a couple of late shortcuts to get them home bit earlire;
stopping to take tape down is tough on the legs, must have stopped >50 times to grab tape/signs, 3-4 still took wrong turns, 1 guy i saw at the 5km to go mark, had got caught in the single trk, took a wrong turn and did it 2-3 times, coincidentally that section is called tardis, it’s tight/twisty

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Kev the Konasilence is back and creak free. Yippee. Today we rode the grommet bmx bandit trails near the cemetery. The little tackers have been busy with the shovels, A few new trails with serious gaps, thank Dog for B lines.The original trail at the top is still the best. We tried our secret back way trail to get here last week, but failed due blackberry over growth, but took the secateurs this time and sorted it. So nice to back on a duelly.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
w00t! I successfully seated, inflated, deflated, added sealant, reseated, and finally inflated again with two tyre levers and a track pump.

Oh and I put my Sam Hill Horizon pedals back on too.

I'm so fucking excited for my ride tomorrow despite knowing I'm going to be tired, dehydrated and unfit as fuck!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I’ve been off the big bike for three weeks, big bike fitness & technique needs to be re-engaged!

http://instagr.am/p/CMGGCi1njob/
Mainly it’s about using more body language in cornering. Look further through each corner as it doesn’t like super last minute changes of direction & prefers an inside-grip-pushed-down turn-in technique.

Doesn’t help that the Tallboy has a 71 degree head angle

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Ate shit at Cooma. Was having a good ride, that place is awesome. Few hundred metres from car park got done in by that little rock with the gouges out of it in the foreground with a pedal strike. My bike is where I ended up. Think its just scrapes and grazes - had first aid kit to clean up a bit and then administered beers and salt and vinegar chips.

9D58CC1F-1448-434B-A637-BFED65F2F574.jpeg