What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Wife -"A friend has an old bike and she want to get back into riding. Can you have a look?"
Me - "Sure"

<sigh>
Perished tyres - check
Seized gears - check
Crunchy hubs - check

at least the brakes work

Lucky I have some old commuter tyres, I'll chuck some new cables in, give it a once over and see how it goes. I forgot how damn heavy some of these bikes can be!

View attachment 372015
oh wow, I had a maxtracks as a kid... completely forgot about it till i saw this...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Loaded the bikes up... no riding plans... but went snorkelling in rock pools and boogie boarding instead. Oh well.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Fox 831s from the DJ are off for a service, so I attached the only 15mm axle forks I had laying around (after 3D printing some offset spacers). Will restrict to pump track usage only but serious question, should I check that my life insurance policy is current?
#ultramegasuperboost

View attachment 370633
What originally started out as a "you were so preoccupied with whether or not you could that you didn't stop to think if you should" idea has now become a thing thanks to @Dales Cannon the enabler. This will free up the freshly serviced 831s to go back on the Ticket S ready for Bare Creek to open back up some time after the second coming of Noah.

mtb1611

Seymour
Managed a late arvo lap of Mt Annan with a mate yesterday arvo. Was close to bailing as it nudged 32 degrees but thought 'stuff it!' and went anyway. Glad we did, great ride. Also managed to eliminate an elusive creak that had been annoying me; tracked it down to dirt in the saddle rails and mounting. Could've sworn it was emanating from the BB!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What originally started out as a "you were so preoccupied with whether or not you could that you didn't stop to think if you should" idea has now become a thing thanks to @Dales Cannon the enabler. This will free up the freshly serviced 831s to go back on the Ticket S ready for Bare Creek to open back up some time after the second coming of Noah.
View attachment 372040

So I'm not the only one up here with severely blue balls?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
View attachment 372040
Looks like they worked goodly. I was wondering if you missed a decimal point in the 25mm lengths though.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Rode the Mongoose yesterday on the bike path to wife's work and back with her on the ebike. Decided to pop a wheelie a couple of k's from home, looped out and didn't get my right foot out of the cleat and hit the deck. Been a long time since that happened. No injuries but damaged the few rides old saddle.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Rode the Mongoose yesterday on the bike path to wife's work and back with her on the ebike. Decided to pop a wheelie a couple of k's from home, looped out and didn't get my right foot out of the cleat and hit the deck. Been a long time since that happened. No injuries but damaged the few rides old saddle.
More importantly - did anyone see you fall off?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Finished Nightshift this morning, had a sleep, its pissing down outside which is very welcome... wheel build time.

Nextie 35mm AM 29's
DT 350 boost CL hubs with microspline driver
DT Competition 2.0/1.8/2.0 spokes (2 x 32)
DT 12mm brass black nipples

Total weight was 947r + 832f = 1779g

I believe this is the first wheelset I have built with round Competition spokes, so easy to tension and true.