What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New Pedals Day
Was running a set of Spec Bennies - the bloody nut shagged out in the shaft on a challenging uphill and the pedal came off - now on my path bike with a liberal dose of job weld .
Stock is limited on all stuff ... theses were a relative bargain .

But the true champions were the original Beartrap XT I have had since 1989 !
Hell on shoes and feet tho .

Still run smoothly and true after years .

Attachments

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Not saying I disagree with you (I don't, it sounds like an excellent trail bike), but just noting that everyone should take your opinion with a table spoon of "yeah but he runs Ardent Races" salt :p
We can all build a bike how we want. The sport is good like that.

The racey tyres didn’t transform it, they just make a difference...a noticeable difference.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
FWIW I've noticed a big difference in rolling speed between the Assegai DD and Exo casings, the latter being a fair chunk more versatile while still retaining that batshit "how is this better than a DHF wtf" grip.

Pair with a Dissector for ultimate funsies. It's what I have on my "XC" bike.
I’m still broken, swapped the 2.5 assguy out for a 2.4 dissector front paired to 2.3 DD aggressor rear.
Should roll a fair whack better, the side knobs on the dissector seem plenty big enough. Still haven’t ridden it though

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I’m still broken, swapped the 2.5 assguy out for a 2.4 dissector front paired to 2.3 DD aggressor rear.
Should roll a fair whack better, the side knobs on the dissector seem plenty big enough. Still haven’t ridden it though
Do you have a double down assguy or an EXO+?

Dissector is the shit. Not far off the crappy weather performance of a DHR imo, but a million times faster everywhere else. Never run one on the front though. I know everyone loves Aggressors, but the 2.3 I had just had sucky wet weather performance, which is kinda important in Melbourne.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Do you have a double down assguy or an EXO+?

Dissector is the shit. Not far off the crappy weather performance of a DHR imo, but a million times faster. Never run one on the front though. I know everyone loves Aggressors, but the 2.3 I had just had sucky wet weather performance, which is kinda important in Melbourne.
EXO. I noticed it rolled a fair whack worse than the DHF it replaced. One legs still pretty weak so I feel it now more than I did.

Honestly trails here run better when it rains, the water binds the sand together. Grip for days. It’s all undulating trails, not much high speed stuff. I figure the dissector should go well here up front for a more trail set up.
Aggressor and Minion SS are my go to rears. I just alternate between them for something different.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
EXO. I noticed it rolled a fair whack worse than the DHF it replaced. One legs still pretty weak so I feel it now more than I did.

Honestly trails here run better when it rains, the water binds the sand together. Grip for days. It’s all undulating trails, not much high speed stuff. I figure the dissector should go well here up front for a more trail set up.
Aggressor and Minion SS are my go to rears. I just alternate between them for something different.
Sounds like you should be running the crazy Bob or Kojak!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Were you running any rim protection in there @Flow-Rider?
No rim inserts used.
The Mitas / Rubena sealant ? I had one do that when I had to use a CO2 canister one night . I couldn`t figure out what the sound was after we kept riding . Changed tyre a few rides later and found what you found . Then the sound made sense .
I don't ride this bike often and I needed to keep on topping up the sealant as it dried out, I think those tyres haven't been removed since 1.5~2 years ago. The last top up, I threw in some caffelatex without removing the old Mitas sealant and it loosened up all the old sealant.

It was hilarious as I rolled down a steep road and hit 60kms, I felt a huge vibration like the wheels were going to jump out of the frame.

Last edited: