What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
That looks FUNN ;)

Also I notice you have your brake levers setup correctly for Cressy. :thumb:
Nothing wrong with a bit of almost vertical lever action! I think that angle makes them look worse than they actually are....

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Finally shook off a chest infection I'd been battling for two weeks, and did a small lap of Kurrajong. Even got a PR for all of Track 16!

(there may have been a bit of a tailwind)

Last edited:

BT180

Max Pfaff
Added 2 clicks of rebound damping in my 36 and it feels like a new one! Was just gliding over everything and I could hardly feel the trail below me (on the smaller stuff, of course). Wow, what a difference such a small change has made.

Definitely found the sweet spot between HSC, LSC and rebound.....Only took me 1.5 years!!!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Left the house, got 500m down the road and got a puncture on the roadie. The Stans sure comes out in a spray with 80psi behind it!!! Turned around and went home for the spare tube and pump I had in my other pack, but didn't need them - pushed the shard of glass through and let it sit for 5 min and put back the 20 psi I'd lost and continued to work. And there was still the full 80psi in it when I went to go home from work.

Whoever is responsible for the whole tubeless and sealant caper on bikes deserves a noble prize for something....

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Nice twilight ride at Lysty after work. Just got in before real actual darkness. My wife who has crap night vision was being real brave.

BT180

Max Pfaff
So does that mean you made it slower? sorry, I'm a bit of a cusswit when it comes to suspension.
Yep, slowed it down. Front is tracking the ground so much better now. I thought it was OK before and it’s been like that for ages, but I wasn’t 100% convinced since I’ve been riding a very rocky descending trail that was unsettling the front end.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Nice twilight ride at Lysty after work. Just got in before real actual darkness. My wife who has crap night vision was being real brave.
I love night lysterfield. Something about smashing 8pm + runs and then going to bed. Too cold at the moment for me right now though, will need to wait until the nights get warmer.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Added 2 clicks of rebound damping in my 36 and it feels like a new one! Was just gliding over everything and I could hardly feel the trail below me (on the smaller stuff, of course). Wow, what a difference such a small change has made.

Definitely found the sweet spot between HSC, LSC and rebound.....Only took me 1.5 years!!!
Don't feel bad, unless you stay the same weight, with same air pressures /spring rates on same tracks with same tyres with same air pressures in same conditions etc etc the settings should keep changing with them, if you CBF that is.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gave it a ride out at the Youies.

Also got some pretty good service from Funn.

I bought some of their Black Magic flat pedals not too long ago and a few of the pins dropped out on the first couple of rides.

I searched and couldn't find anywhere online that would ship, I could only find 1 place that had them in stock. So I sent Funn an email to see if they had any suggestions and they replied the same day.

They asked me to send my address and they would send some out free of charge. 2 days later and a complete colour kit which includes pins and end caps was at my door. I was pretty happy with that, well done Funn!

View attachment 340654
I can also vouch for Funn and their customer service. Chainguide plastic top guide snapped on first ride. Shot them a email... they contacted the Aus distro whom emailed me to confirm details and sent a new one to me at no cost, even though I bought it off chain reaction.. cudos to you, Mr Funn!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh, and also finally got motivated to fit the “new brakes” to the Rocky Mountain..
Not really a upgrade, more a acrossgrade.!? At least they have all the hardware and are almost a direct fit. Almost. The rear brake line is a smidge short, and kept mounted the same as original has to be mounted way inboard to reach ! The left is front and actually stops the wheel spinning !!

Check how far inboard the clamp is !

Next is to get the uncontrollable rebound sorted out in the fork.

Sigh!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
Don't feel bad, unless you stay the same weight, with same air pressures /spring rates on same tracks with same tyres with same air pressures in same conditions etc etc the settings should keep changing with them, if you CBF that is.
Yeah, totally! Just recently noticing the integral relationship tyre pressure and rebound damping have. Hence my search for a digital pressure gauge...

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
Today I replaced the bottom bracket, after the 250Km old one was crunchy in the non drive side. Also replaced the old non clutch XT deraileur with a Zee RD and upgraded the Zee shifter to a Saint, with new cables.

Shifting sexy on a quick ride around the backyard.

Recently also serviced the forks, cleaned and regreased the head stem bearings, replaced the bars with wider carbon jobbies and bled and flushed the Zee brakes.

Shes running as good as its every going to get.

Attachments

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, totally! Just recently noticing the integral relationship tyre pressure and rebound damping have. Hence my search for a digital pressure gauge...
Good ones are pricey, decent analogue units can be more affordable and imo cooler. Motion Pro do a well regarded range. And imo pick one that is ranged for low pressure e.g. 50-60psi max. I've seen analogue ones the size of a dinner plate, at least you won't lose it!

rstim

Likes Dirt
I reckon you want a pump with inbuilt digital gauge, trying to nail pressures to a psi either way is slow and cumbersome with a gauge compared to a pump with inbuilt digital gauge.

I've the "Lezyne Alloy Digital Drive Track Pump" and love it

The Topeak gauge is actually really easy it has a tune feature where you push a button and it constantly measures the pressure, then you just press the bleed button to lower it to the correct pressure. Just have to make sure when you pump up the tyres you over inflate them a bit. I really like mine.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk