What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i made my bike nakid today .... the rest has to go in the women etc thread ;)

*snip*
I have that exact bike stand. I think there should be a "what did you do to your bike stand today" thread, then i could keep everyone up-to-date on all the shit i have to ad (Bolts, screw) just so it works and stays up right! what i get for buying a cheapo i guess :p

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Started moving parts over to my new frame.... only managed to do the press fit bottom bracket. First time for that though.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Looked sadly at mine, as I recently got hit by a car and the bike is pretty beaten up. Then I looked at CRC to find higher quality replacement bits, and felt better for a while.

Lard

Likes Dirt
I pumped the tyres up a little, oiled the chain, then rode it up lots and lots of hills, then rode down those same hills.....Wheeeeeeee :)

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
got it out of the shed, got my helmet etc, wheeled it round to the front of the house, started pissing down :-(

knob scortcher

Likes Dirt
i went on a social ride in the pouring rain riding on 4wd tracks with massive puddles that submerged my BB. installed a quicklink on the chain after cleaning it in petrol. still have to clean it abit more once the rain goes away abit.

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
went to ourimbah.. was having a blast honing my beginner skills. decided id take the A line jump after the meadows section.. did it twice... came round for a third time.. ate some dirty.. front rim is buckled! WTB thread coming soon.. ahahhaa.. nice gash on the leg n bump on the forearm... one of my mates got it on video.. will post it up! too funny.. im not sure what went wrong.. havent seen the vid... i do think the rim buckled as i lander and all was lost from there!

my poor trek fuel EX 8 has seen better days!

MTBalltheway

Likes Dirt
:)

Changed my skewers, bars, stem and grips. set up my gears and controls then pumped up the tires, lubed the chain and put WD40 on my stauntions cause they seezed up. Finally, I cut my set post length, changed the angle of my seat and gave the bike a clean. This was on my 100 bike hahah :clap2:

moorey

call me Mia
Who says you can't polish a turd!

Took the HT for a few laps of my AM track. Still can't make it around without a sook stop up the hill.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
perfect morning

Took the trance for 3 laps at appin with friends. I owe Russel a quick link now. That chain is almost majority quick links now I reckon :nevreness:

Minlak

custom titis
I have that exact bike stand. I think there should be a "what did you do to your bike stand today" thread, then i could keep everyone up-to-date on all the shit i have to ad (Bolts, screw) just so it works and stays up right! what i get for buying a cheapo i guess :p
Well i thought why not.....

Yes the stand is cheap less than $60 delivered and once i got it i realised why it has some issues in keeping the bike where you want it so i fixed all that like this

Stand as it comes issues are the head turns with weight on it as its round and the bottom of the central vertical shaft comes out of the plastic holder at the bottom when you pick it up. Holding the bike by the seat post forget it just rotates around very annoying

This where i added 4 self tapping screws

now have a bolt that locks the arm in the right position it has 2 holes in the arm one more at 90 degs.

Total cost with bolts added $61 deliverd and it will do me fine now....