What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

dunndog

Eats Squid
I looked at mine today and thought about washing the mt. Beauty off it, but then I took a nap on the couch and went and got a haircut. And now I'm writing this babble cos the mrs is watching gossip girl (so am I but don't tell anyone).

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Its cool Dunndog, those girly shows are loaded with hot girls so just mute the dumbness and ogle. ;)
I put my new rear wheel on my Reign, new cable and outer and tuned the gears. I've had some dilemmas with my XT wheel and hub over the last year with it being a simple piece of shit but not anymore! Finally my Reign is on the go again. ;) Unfortunately the clouds are getting thicker so I may have to postpone. :(

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Installed my new headset top cup, and new front rotor/adapter on my Intense, as well as trimming the brake hoses.

Then I bought a new road frame!

Money = 1/Bikes

Fisher

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought it.
2012 Kona Operator brand spankin, have to wait until tuesday for it :(.

Also realligned the hanger on the retiree.

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
I puts it together!!!

I has troubles with drive train, seat post (too high) and brakes (front too tight, rear hose too short).

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I cleaned my DH bike and looked lovingly at it's perfection and wondered if I am making a mistake selling it. We've had some good times together...

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
Assembled son's new Shred 2-4 and felt fairly jealous of the high roller 2.5s what came on it...made my ignitor 2.35s look like skinny roadies...

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Frigged around for ages with my new bike's 120mm fox air forks trying different air pressures and ultimately concluded that short travel air forks will *never* be as plush as a (heavy) coil spring fork.

Also looked at the skinny little tubeless tires (with f**k-all grip) and wondered how the hell I could improve the traction situation without a massive weight penalty...

Minlak

custom titis
Spent hours trawling through forums trying to decide if want to make new wheels for my bike as a new hobby you know like knitting ... to come away more perplexed than when i started so many options sooooo many ..... stupid rain and storms and work i should have been riding then i wouldnt have had an aneurysm

willsy01

Eats Squid
Shiny new chain and cassette on the XTC.....and some sticky new Schwalbe tyres as well. Trance still awaits new swingarm bearings after which it will get a new front dérailleur and gear cables/housings.

Fixing more than riding the last few weeks :(

moorey

call me Mia
Put the seat down and took off the spuds on the XC bike I just picked up. I just don't care if they make distance and climbs easier!!!!!....., they kill ALL the fun on the downhill sections!!!!

shakes

Likes Dirt
Gave my bike a FULL service, headset regrease, bb threads, pedals, lubed cables trued wheels the works.

Also ordered some new gloves and pedals as a chrissy present for myself - first time in about 10yrs I'll be going back to clipless...

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
exploded the CRAP out of some Schwalbe Tabletops. turns out that 60 Psi inside a 2.7 inch DH tube is can't be contained by a Tabletop

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Moved it from car to shed, with a dull look on my face, And a half flat tyre from what should have gone flat on my weekend away riding :/