What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Fitted my new XT brakes and upgraded rotors from 6 inch to 7 inch and went for ride around my favourite trail to bed them in! Happy days:biggrin:

chidsmtnbikr

Likes Dirt
bled my brakes, tested them didnt like it, bled them again, still not right third time lucky it was, cleaned my bike rode it!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Test rode my bike with the new XT cranks which I installed yesterday, by doing a lap of Lysterfield with my wife… yesterdays ride was good, todays ride was better.

Got home and washed both bikes, dried and lubed them… while drinking beer.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Replaced a bearing in my rear hub then cleaned and lubed the freehub. Had a look at the play in the bottom bracket, and decided that I should get some new cranks. Rest of driveline needs replacing anyway. Chainring, cog and chain are all knackered and very creaky.

Went to CRC online and added some Middleburn RS7 Uno 170mm silver square taper cranks, Shimano UN26 BB, KMC X9 Ti-Ni chain and an eggbeater rebuild kit to my basket. Now I just need approval from Mrs Santa.:cower:

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dead easy to install them just bolt em on .... Cables needed to be trimmed by about 200mm each for what i like but since i was never gunna sell em i cut em to suit. This also is dead easy and doesnt require a bleed if done right. You get a new banjo and olive with each set so its all there. Then just follow these instructions

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/con...downloadFile.html/02) Brake Hose Trimming.pdf

and they feel awesome :)
Thanks heaps for that link. I was looking at getting some of the same brakes and wasn't sure if I could do the trimming myself. Now I know I can.:clap2:

fatdude

Likes Bikes
Pumped up the tyres and went for the first decent ride in over a month since i tore a ligament in my elbow. Then realised how quick you lose fitness when not riding!

scblack

Leucocholic
Well i thought why not.....

Yes the stand is cheap less than $60 delivered and once i got it i realised why it has some issues in keeping the bike where you want it so i fixed all that like this

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/dscf0541z.jpg/

Stand as it comes issues are the head turns with weight on it as its round and the bottom of the central vertical shaft comes out of the plastic holder at the bottom when you pick it up. Holding the bike by the seat post forget it just rotates around very annoying

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/dscf0542f.jpg/

This where i added 4 self tapping screws

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/dscf0544wy.jpg/

now have a bolt that locks the arm in the right position it has 2 holes in the arm one more at 90 degs.

Total cost with bolts added $61 deliverd and it will do me fine now....
I bought the same workstand on the weekend - $40 from Aldi!

I will be copying your locking method with the bolt through. My DH was dangling with its front wheel on the ground. Maybe a couple of bolts with holes drilled will lock it well enough to work correctly. Good idea mate!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I'm gunna pretend I saw this thread yesterday.

After riding my DH bike on Saturday, gave it a wash and lubed up my chain. Let her dry in the basking sun and then put her away.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I bought the same workstand on the weekend - $40 from Aldi!

I will be copying your locking method with the bolt through. My DH was dangling with its front wheel on the ground. Maybe a couple of bolts with holes drilled will lock it well enough to work correctly. Good idea mate!
i had to put a bolt though the clamp head as well, haha, and i think i got mine for $35 of ebay!

brindog

Likes Dirt
Changed my xo brake and Shifter clamps to the mach-maker. So much neater, and better position for optimum shred. :clap2:
Then looked at my downhill bike to see how much dust is on it. :(
If it doesn't rain overnight I'll go for a early ride before uni. Keen !

jaso289

Squid
Gave my bike a wash, lubed the chain, adjusted my brakes (no more rubbing), adjusted seat and lowered my top crown.

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
...Pulled a ladies "Road Chief" bike out of an illegal dump way out in the State Forest...a project maybe...

abennyy

Likes Bikes
Washed the bikes, cleaned/lube drive trains, service hubs on my red metals 1's, looked at the Shimano hubs and decided I couldn't be bothered servicing them.

...and tomorrow I ride