What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Wet weekend here. My Yep Uptimizer post went squishy on the last ride. 5 minutes bled and no more squish. Longest bit was putting the saddle back on.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not a bad idea there @moorey !
Proper car tyre plugs are internal mushroom things that don’t pull through just like your diagonal strips. Will have to try it.
Mushrooms from Ali.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
So as my children are growing fast it was time to shift some parts around and prep the youngest's bike for sale (where fore art though COVID tax?!).

Liam's High School Commuter - Trek Marlin 5

This was his mum's old bike.

Saddle off his previous Norco (Storm 1) to replace the women's specific one
Slid on some OEM Norco grips
Put original seat post in

When funds allow we might strip the drivetrain and replace with a cheap AliExpress 1x HG 10 speed setup.

Ava's new bike - Norco Storm 1

This was Liam's previous bike.

Pink pedals off her previous Norco (Storm 4.1)
Women's specific saddle off the Trek
Dropper post all the way down in the seat tube

Ava's old bike - (Norco Storm 4.1)

Ready for sale!

Put original seat post in. Was swapped with the Trek because Ava was getting so tall!
Chain degrease and lube
OEM pedals on

Also, I swapped the brakes to Shimano MT400 hydraulic brakes a while back. All children's bikes should come with these. Sadly it still has the boat anchor 'suspension' fork.

Liam's new bike - Norco Fluid FS A3

Stans DART Failed to fix the hole in the tyre - there's still air coming out :(
Added the last of the Stans sealant
Left it for a while
There's still air coming out :(

My bike - Canyon Spectral 29 AL5

Cleaned bike
Lube chain

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Up early and out for a ride with friend and his teenager. Much laps of the dirt lumps before they had to bail. I kicked on and then realised I had left my water at home. It was a little muddy and messy after the mega storm on Friday.

I washed my bike, not an easy prospect at home as I have no outside tap. So I stopped off at the train station carpark and used the fire hose to get the bulk off. I might finish it with a bucket of suds brush down, but I also may not as I will probably ride tomorrow.

I was getting some epic stick from my zee derailleur. Really wierd...skipping and dropping chain, then away went the problem. I am guessing I probably should do a clutch clean.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Took no.1 son for a ride at the local trails (Mill Ck). Managed to surprise me. Been a few years since he was willing to hit proper trails on a mtb with me. But rode toxic flow, and ant battle, and a few laps of hit the turps (without actually getting any air). Down many rock rolls and up some techy climb sections.

Maybe the hours and hours we spent riding on his 20” bmx are actually paying off on the 27.5 now!

Was a good day!

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’m starting to think the rain radar is more important than my helmet.
Ducked out about this time and got 40km in on the creek paths as the local dirt would’ve been soaked. Dull as it was on the road, I hit my km goal for the week after more than a few curveballs getting in the way of riding time this week
Yeah the lying weather man said the Youis would be clear and sunny after 12pm. It wasn’t. Got rained on, trails were slop so bike got covered in that gritty bike killing sand.
But no ragerts.
I really need to get back onto my km and elevation goals again.