What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
The downside of riding with others @Rorschach, is that it removes all possibility of your bike being "the problem"...

...as I learnt riding with others from on here. :p
I know full well I’m the problem, and make no allusion otherwise!
It’s a great bike with a really shit pilot!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
First proper ride in about a month (did one a couple of weeks ago, but only a fairly short one), and only second ride since putting a shorter stem on, so still getting used to the tweaked handling.

Covered about 40km around Red Hill - Merricks - Balnarring, and being one of the bigger rides I've done recently, plus backing up after sailing yesterday (solo on what is supposed to be a two-person boat, ideal total crew weight 150-160kg, and I'm about 75 kitted up.....), feeling pretty munted by the end.

Last edited:

nathanm

Eats Squid
Interesting ride yesterday. Hit up glenorchy for the first time in ages.
Pedalling along and saw ahead of me on the trail a dub puller cap buried in the trail, obviously ridden over many times. Pocketed it thinking be great for a spare and looked down to see if it was the same as mine and fuck, mines gone. Recently had the bb replaced and guessing they either lost it or it was left lose. Not sure if that's good or bad luck.
Then at the bottom of the xc decent I had the biggest digger I've had for a long time.
Was cranking hard out of a corner and drove a pedal straight into a root.
Bike stops dead and I go ejector seat straight through the windscreen. Missing skin from most parts of my body and right hand is bruised, sore and without strength
Lucky this was before I bombed the dh track.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Was cranking hard out of a corner and drove a pedal straight into a root.
Bike stops dead and I go ejector seat straight through the windscreen. Missing skin from most parts of my body and right hand is bruised, sore and without strength
Done the same thing a month ago with a pedal strike on a cut down stump, it's amazing how fast your hips slam into the bars, and then all of a sudden you're sliding on your skid lid looking at the world upside down. A big FuckU to long, low and slack bikes.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The utter joy of things that shouldn't take long but do in the end.

A bit more powdercoat on the bearing recesses that I needed. I told them to mask it there and did a mock up before handing it over but the best laid plans aren't always so hot.

Spent the past hour with a Stanley knife and gentle paint trimming and then test refitting the bearings until it was ok.

Fahn......Oh well, done now and nothing busted yet apart from the o-rings in my shock pump. Kind of winning.

It looks like an 8" travel model now. WooHoo.

20221114_190420.jpg

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
We had a discussion about this a while ago, members agreed to disagree.
Yeah I've waded into a few in the past too haha with people putting coil shocks on their Metas and Stumpys etc. Fair to say I hadn't seen a DPX like that before though (have seen them with the internal piston snapped but that's ^ something else!)

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bought new fox dirt paw gloves, fox mainframe mips helmet, fox shorts, and fox chest protector.
The mainframe fits great, had the speedframe before but it's not worth the extra $70-100.
The chest protector fits great too and feels like it would be fine under a shirt but I just read that it's not meant for impacts. Might have got the wrong one...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The chest protector fits great too and feels like it would be fine under a shirt but I just read that it's not meant for impacts. Might have got the wrong one...
Or maybe they're just taking the piss and separating fools from their money. A "proctector"-labelled garment should by definition handle impacts, to an extent.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Or maybe they're just taking the piss and separating fools from their money. A "proctector"-labelled garment should by definition handle impacts, to an extent.
Yeh they say it's for motorbike "roost" sticks and stones protection. Apparently I can buy foam insert pads that make it CE rated.