What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Still chasing an annoying small creaking noise. Pulled the ceramic bearings from the idler and fitted the original Enduros after todays ride.

Cant have it making a noise for @shiny's test ride tomorrow ;)
Geeez, I totally agree. Bring complimentary earplugs or earphones turned up to 11 or ride somewhere noisy. Calls for a solid Plan B.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Finished the working week with a 50km ride home. Legs cramping everywhere and popped my shoulder out trying to have a drink but still better than sitting in the car.

And amongst everything else, WA must have the worlds best moons too. Terrible pole placement in the photo but I couldn’t be stuffed moving.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Didn’t feel like riding trails today so went and did some of the railway heritage trail this morning 20km all up, was a lovely morning if bloody freezing.

Also have a creak on my carbon handlebars I need to look at, might need more carbon paste

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Rode the top of Majura this afternoon, bottom looked like a swamp.

After a discussion on a ride the other night I put it on the scale. Came in at 14.1kg which is pretty good considering the heavy duty spec. Not needing the Enduro weight tyres for the riding I'm doing at the moment so going to try some Hutchinson Krakens which will knock on half a kg.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I went for a ride with a friend this morning. We haven't ridden together in over a year. The weather was perfect and the trails were just a little damp so nice and grippy.

Later she dropped over her son's bike to get looked at. Well didn't I open a can of worms... Repacked all bearings (headset, BB, hubs), loose ball bastard things (I didn't loose any!), Tensioned and trued the rear wheel and removed the oil that her husband sprayed all over the rims.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
That would be a good way forward. If it has held together for that long then at least it must be structurally sound.

Don't let me know if it goes up for sale since I have bike issues that I'm trying to control :)
I liked my Hightower V3 test ride in hindsight. That thing just got up to silly speeds so easily.
It's a rock solid repair from Carbon Steed in Brisbane. Been ridden solidly for the last 20 months since the repair including a 10 day road trip to Tassie last year. Got me down Mt Owen twice in one piece!
You'll be the first to know if it goes on the market Mr Crudley!

smaj

Likes Dirt
Repacked all bearings (headset, BB, hubs), loose ball bastard things (I didn't loose any!)
The other day I opened up a pair of pedals, very careful with taking the little buggers out, then tripped as I was carrying them over to the table, damn things went everywhere!

Rode the top of Majura this afternoon, bottom looked like a swamp.
Nice, is that around Auto Alley?

Last edited:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
The other day I opened up a pair of pedals, very careful with taking the little buggers out, then tripped as I was carrying them over to the table, damn things went everywhere!
Oh no! Did you find them all?
I opened up a BMX freehub that was filled with millions of tiny loose ball bearings once. They scattered all over the place. I think I found most of them, it took me ages and a lot of swearing.
Lesson learned, if I expect something to have loose bearings in it now I'll open it over a tub.