What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just got out for a quick local spin. Bombed it into this chute that goes into a couple of switchbacks through some trees, before dropping down steep again. The idea is, off the brakes, get it under control on the flat left corner before you head into into the trees, then let it loose again. Left hander was still greasy unfortunately, so I grabbed brake and just locked up the rear. Rag dolled down the hill a bit but just took some bark off.
Get home and cleaned up and read this…
Skiiiiiiddddzz! :D
Going to double check my rotors are still both 180 and I haven’t done something truly stoopid

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just got out for a quick local spin. Bombed it into this chute that goes into a couple of switchbacks through some trees, before dropping down steep again. The idea is, off the brakes, get it under control on the flat left corner before you head into into the trees, then let it loose again. Left hander was still greasy unfortunately, so I grabbed brake and just locked up the rear. Rag dolled down the hill a bit but just took some bark off.
Get home and cleaned up and read this…

Going to double check my rotors are still both 180 and I haven’t done something truly stoopid
You'd have to brake really hard to stretch your rotors out to 9 inches from 180mm!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I've gone 220mm both ends for boredom and new pads. See how it goes, I definitely don't go fast enough to justify it haha but it'll suit the future ahead.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Got it to the Youies for a quick spin and checked out the work so far on Cressy.

All the berms and jumps rebuilt on the top section before the first rock garden. It'll be quick and I'm thinking the jumps are probably too short with the extra pace of the built up berms.

The entire trail bar 50 metres (somewhere down the bottom) is getting a refresh before the race in September.

Cheka

Likes Bikes
Warranty frame finally arrived and was surprised to find they did not want the old frame back.
Santa Cruz Hightower V1 XXL.
I had the seat stay crack repaired almost 2yrs ago, done by Carbon Steed in Brisbane who did an awesome job. I didn't bother getting the repair painted as I figured the frame was going to be handed back. It's been ridden a lot since and I have no concerns over the repair.
Have stripped it down and cleaned it up. Removed the Invisiframe wrap which has done an outstanding job however where the gaps were have become discoloured which is annoying.
5yrs of wear and tear.
So what to do?
a) Sell it as is frame and shock. What do you think would be a reasonable price to ask?
b) Repaint frame for $850 including new decals, then sell in mint condition or keep it as a spare which I don't really need as I've always been a 1 bike rider.
c) Build it up as a spare as is.

Interested to hear your feedback.

Attachments

Jpez

Down on the left!
Warranty frame finally arrived and was surprised to find they did not want the old frame back.
Santa Cruz Hightower V1 XXL.
I had the seat stay crack repaired almost 2yrs ago, done by Carbon Steed in Brisbane who did an awesome job. I didn't bother getting the repair painted as I figured the frame was going to be handed back. It's been ridden a lot since and I have no concerns over the repair.
Have stripped it down and cleaned it up. Removed the Invisiframe wrap which has done an outstanding job however where the gaps were have become discoloured which is annoying.
5yrs of wear and tear.
So what to do?
a) Sell it as is frame and shock. What do you think would be a reasonable price to ask?
b) Repaint frame for $850 including new decals, then sell in mint condition or keep it as a spare which I don't really need as I've always been a 1 bike rider.
c) Build it up as a spare as is.

Interested to hear your feedback.
How will it ever be in “mint condition” even after you’ve thrown a new paint job and decals at it??