What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
'Dad I have a CX race tomorrow, can we look at the CX as the pads are rubbing at the back'

The National Cup race a few weeks back had 5 days of rain before it and belted down on the day, proper CX weather.

Pads front and back on actual steel backing, where he hung it after hosing it down, the pads had welded themselves to the rotors with rust.

Go to turn the pedals... WTF ! Drive side bearing so seized that the complete bearing is spinning in the pressfit cup :mad:

So 90 mins later...

2 sets of new brake pads (one set was already slightly used from the spares as I had no new ones left for SRAM Red)
2 x new Centreline rotors (AliExp arguably genuine)
1 x Token Ceramic BB386EVO that I bought years ago cheap just-in-case, as I had 2 bikes with 386EVO BB's at the time.

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
'Dad I have a CX race tomorrow, can we look at the CX as its the pads are rubbing at the back'

The National Cup race a few weeks back had 5 days of rain before it and belted down on the day, proper CX weather.

Pads front and back on actual steel backing, where he hung it after hosing it down, the pads had welded themselves to the rotors with rust.

Go to turn the pedals... WTF ! Drive side bearing so seized that the complete bearing is spinning in the pressfit cup :mad:

So 90 mins hours later...

2 sets of new brake pads (one set was already slightly used from the spares as I had no new ones left for SRAM Red)
1 x Token Ceramic BB386EVO that I bought years ago cheap just-in-case, as I had 2 bikes with 386EVO BB's at the time.
Did you invoice him?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
'Dad I have a CX race tomorrow, can we look at the CX as the pads are rubbing at the back'

So 90 mins later...

$10 he comes back complaining about something on the bike.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Day off today. I was told I’m disruptive for the school routine so was pretty much forced to hit the trails.

Started at Mundaring Weir Hotel and headed out to Kalamunda from there. Was foggy to begin with and then the sun came out. Trails were absolutely mint after rain yesterday.

24km and 500m vert.

View attachment 390605

View attachment 390606

View attachment 390607

View attachment 390608

View attachment 390609

View attachment 390610

View attachment 390611

View attachment 390612

View attachment 390613

View attachment 390614
Shit m8, u can pack a lot of the devils lettuce in that frame bag

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Went for a spin at the Youies in mint conditions. Banged and clanged the back wheel a few times making a ham-fisted run down Bandages and Glory. Decided the check tension and true my back wheel when i got home (because i also cased a jump pretty bad at Eaton Cutting a couple of weeks back) and found a new flat spot and some pretty lose spokes in a few spots.

Got her all tight and reasonable straight again.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I did send him around the block to bed his new pads and rotors in and he said all felt good.
The plot thickens... we get to the CX race "I cant clip in to my pedal"

WTF mate, your pedal is the wrong way around.

We had rebuilt a few Time ATAC pedals from broken ones, somehow the cage from a left pedal ended up on the spindle of a right (Fckwit thread worthy) but I'll blame my 2 helpers for that mess up.

"But you took it for a test ride around the block to bed your brakes in, how did you not notice ?"

"I wore my runners"

FFS :oops:

Pedal off my bike in the middle of the parklands, my plans of a parklands city loop abandoned.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn

We had rebuilt a few Time ATAC pedals from broken ones, somehow the cage from a left pedal ended up on the spindle of a right (Fckwit thread worthy) but I'll blame my 2 helpers for that mess up.

"But you took it for a test ride around the block to bed your brakes in, how did you not notice ?"

"I wore my runners"

Pedal off my bike in the middle of the parklands, my plans of a parklands city loop abandoned.
Lol. Sorry, I'm backing the boy. You told him to bed his brakes in not check his pedals!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

"I wore my runners"

Just wear your runners, all good.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

"I wore my runners"

Could've been worse. He could have gone out racing with shit tyres.