What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I
As a kid I used to go to Pt Leo to collect trailer loads of sea weed for the garden with my old man. Back in the old days before Seasol.
As a kid I used to go to Pt Leo to collect trailer loads of sea weed for the garden with my old man. Back in the old days before Seasol.
I'll bet that smelled great!!!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I'll bet that smelled great!!!
The sea grass doesn’t pong much at all, but we rode up to Sandy Point on Saturday, and some of the kelp (or whatever it was) was really on the nose. The little tiny crabs loved it though… more crabs than you could point a stick at. So many, that you couldn’t help but flatten some unlucky blighters.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
A while ago I upgraded my eldest kid's bike to 7 speed. I bought a Sunrace derailleur and shifter for next to nothing. The derailleur cage was too long for his little 20" wheels and was at risk of getting caught on something. Had a scratch through the parts bin and found a ye olde Shimano Exage Sport short cage derailleur. Chucked it on his bike and hoped it would just work. Which it did. Super lucky!
So for anybody, like @Daniel Hale , who might run an old Shimano roadie 7 speed derailleur - they work with Sunrace M4 trigger shifters.

ausdb

Being who he is
A while ago I upgraded my eldest kid's bike to 7 speed. I bought a Sunrace derailleur and shifter for next to nothing. The derailleur cage was too long for his little 20" wheels and was at risk of getting caught on something.
@Labcanary what cassette /freewheel size are you running? My miss 6 is about to inherit mr 10s old 20" superfly when I get off my backside and rebuild the back wheel with a 8-10s cassette hub. I hadn't thought too much about clearance but it looks like I should.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@Labcanary what cassette /freewheel size are you running? My miss 6 is about to inherit mr 10s old 20" superfly when I get off my backside and rebuild the back wheel with a 8-10s cassette hub. I hadn't thought too much about clearance but it looks like I should.
The freewheel is 11-28t. Which is more than enough for a kid coming from single speed!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Clicked over 500km yesterday on the e-commuter, going well. Rapha branded roadie flew past today with the usual no warning (bell) on a mellow downhill section, then 5 seconds later turns off the path. Had another one on Monday draft the Mrs all the way in, he was able to smash up the hills and keep contact because he would have barely been pedalling the rest of the time.

Two average roadies had a poor fellow on a 25km/h limited bike sat behind them going up a hill that he could slaughter them on, but he knows he can't even go as fast as an average road bike rider on the flats so he sat behind them.

Adjusted the seat up a bit to almost full road height, was trying for a more relaxed position and not thinking it would mess with my knees because of the motor but it did. Hopefully knees are up to a real bike ride this weekend.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Clicked over 500km yesterday on the e-commuter, going well. Rapha branded roadie flew past today with the usual no warning (bell) on a mellow downhill section, then 5 seconds later turns off the path. Had another one on Monday draft the Mrs all the way in, he was able to smash up the hills and keep contact because he would have barely been pedalling the rest of the time.

Two average roadies had a poor fellow on a 25km/h limited bike sat behind them going up a hill that he could slaughter them on, but he knows he can't even go as fast as an average road bike rider on the flats so he sat behind them.

Adjusted the seat up a bit to almost full road height, was trying for a more relaxed position and not thinking it would mess with my knees because of the motor but it did. Hopefully knees are up to a real bike ride this weekend.
So in summary:

Roadie drafts e-biker - prick
E-biker drafts roadies - considerate gentleman

Scotty T

Walks the walk
So in summary:

Roadie drafts e-biker - prick
E-biker drafts roadies - considerate gentleman
Not at all, it was very considerate of drafter not to try and race us knowing it would be constant back and forth, plus save him a shit tonne of energy while still getting to work fast. The e-bike was not drafting, there is no draft at 15km/h up a hill.

real roadies dont draft ebikes, theyre too slow...
True, even unlimited 250w e-bikes like my Mrs will only do 30km/h average without fair effort, my 500w takes a little bit of effort to get the 34km/h average. How many of the uber fit dudes on here pull an average of 34km/h on a fairly flattish (90m elevation) ride of 15km? My best when I was fit was 28km/h on the same route. Right now I think 25km/h would hurt a lot.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Not at all, it was very considerate of drafter not to try and race us knowing it would be constant back and forth, plus save him a shit tonne of energy while still getting to work fast. The e-bike was not drafting, there is no draft at 15km/h up a hill.

True, even unlimited 250w e-bikes like my Mrs will only do 30km/h average without fair effort, my 500w takes a little bit of effort to get the 34km/h average. How many of the uber fit dudes on here pull an average of 34km/h on a fairly flattish (90m elevation) ride of 15km? My best when I was fit was 28km/h on the same route. Right now I think 25km/h would hurt a lot.
I could cruise comfortably on 30 around the lake. But whatever speed it was, I was passing ebikes.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I could cruise comfortably on 30 around the lake. But whatever speed it was, I was passing ebikes.
My point when banging on about these poor sods on 25km/h limited ones. It's actually difficult to do 25km/h average commute on them, when I did it in the past on a limited one, was nearly as much effort as my (~12kg) road going MTB.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

My commute into town is 30k, I do just over an hour with 270m vert.
Normalised power is 245w max power 850w (I do about a quarter of the lake on the way in)

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Tonight was first trail ride in a month. Did about 20min before the group ride and a bit at the end to get to 30km. 525m climbing.

Dr recently diagnosed me with asthma and the banned substances seem to make a fair difference; best I’ve felt on the bike all year.

Bit of a different loop tonight, with a few trails I’ve not ridden much before. Very tight old hand cut trails were so much fun.

Shorsau

Likes Dirt
I've only just put it on this morning Beeb, but did a 5km round trip to Bunnings to grab the rack bolts and it seemed fine. I like the extra A2C (510mm) that it has...was hitting pedals every now and then with the 490mm BXT. I replaced the DMR V8 pedals with the PNW loam and they helped too. Plan on going for a decent ride tomorrow.