What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Received my warranty dropper from PNW. 4 days Fed Exed from the states. No bullshit, no argument, no trying to shift the blame or wiggle out of it. Just straight up great service. I’m a huge fan of these guys.
They also chucked in a free tshirt and grips for my bother. I’m really fussy with grips and these feel really good. Very sticky.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Received my warranty dropper from PNW. 4 days Fed Exed from the states. No bullshit, no argument, no trying to shift the blame or wiggle out of it. Just straight up great service. I’m a huge fan of these guys.
They also chucked in a free tshirt and grips for my bother. I’m really fussy with grips and these feel really good. Very sticky.
View attachment 377815
Yeah I warrantied a dropper last year and it was so easy I almost felt bad. The model I had had been discontinued so they upgraded me and since I changed frames I asked if I could get the next size up and that was no problem. Had to wait a few months because of supply but they let me keep the old one which just had a bit of excessive play.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yeah I warrantied a dropper last year and it was so easy I almost felt bad. The model I had had been discontinued so they upgraded me and since I changed frames I asked if I could get the next size up and that was no problem. Had to wait a few months because of supply but they let me keep the old one which just had a bit of excessive play.
These guys have been the easiest warranty and support of any company I’ve interacted with. They let me change size and keep my old dropper until my new frame arrives. Have answered every email next day and even middle of the night their time. Total class act. And I also like their sustainability thing. All packaging comes on recycled cardboard and instructions(if needed) on line. No plastic at all.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
These guys have been the easiest warranty and support of any company I’ve interacted with. They let me change size and keep my old dropper until my new frame arrives. Have answered every email next day and even middle of the night their time. Total class act. And I also like their sustainability thing. All packaging comes on recycled cardboard and instructions(if needed) on line. No plastic at all.
Not to take anything away from PNW but you last dealt with GG ...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Almost ended up in the fuckwits thread, but ended up feeling really good about my investment in tools over the years.

My main roadie is about 8 years old now and hasn't had a proper service since I built it. The original carbon fork had an alloy steerer which I was starting to get worried about. My integrated bar/stem was also starting to lose paint around the alloy stem section so I decided to give the bike a full refresh.

My Lynskey Sportive disc was right at the end of straight steerer era, so sourcing a new carbon disc fork was hard. Managed to get a Carver full carbon fork that was advertised as being 150gms heavier than it's predecessor, and looking at the amount of material in the steerer you can see they were aiming for strength above all else. Fitted the new fork and full carbon bar/stem combo now problem. Serviced and bled the brakes and replaced the cables.

Then went to refit the mudguards to the fork. Started to wind in the m5 bolt into the leg eyelet. Hmm this is a bit stiff, they probably didn't chase the threads. Then I literally twisted the head off the bolt with 6mm of the bolt shaft showing. Normally I leave the tricky jobs to the former F1 engineer who co-owns the lbs, but of course the lbs is shut for lockdown. Uh oh.

My first plan of attack was to use an adjustable gripjaw, no joy. Next was to dremel a slot into the shaft and use a flathead screwdriver. Nope. Dremel a cross slot. Nope. Out comes the Milwaukee drill, first I break a Hitachi 2.5mm drill bit, then a 3mm drill bit. Finally find a Sutton 3mm hss drill bit that makes some headway. Spend 20 mins drilling through the bolt in the hope of chipping out the bolt. Nope. Have a brainwave to use an easy out. It works!

I then use a 5mmx0.8 thread tap to clean up the threads in the eyelets and they are unsurprisingly gunky. Ponder whether I should have started with this step. Anyway final result is below. The old girl scrubbed up pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx what's your gravel bike?
Its a long story on the bike but yes, it was a 2012 (received in Jan 2013) steel IndyFab 29 Deluxe that was made in the exact geometry of the 2012 era Niner MCR9. It was originally a MTB frame but it's as good if not better as a drop bar gravel bike.

Fits a 2.4" tyre in the rear and so comfortable to ride.

I've said this probably 5 times on here, if I had to sell all my bikes but 1, this would the the one that I kept as I dont think I could ever replace the way it feels when riding it.

Dont get me wrong, I NEED my other bikes but they could be easily replaced (though $$$)

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Its a long story on the bike but yes, it was a 2012 (received in Jan 2013) steel IndyFab 29 Deluxe that was made in the exact geometry of the 2012 era Niner MCR9. It was originally a MTB frame but it's as good if not better as a drop bar gravel bike.

Fits a 2.4" tyre in the rear and so comfortable to ride.

I've said this probably 5 times on here, if I had to sell all my bikes but 1, this would the the one that I kept as I dont think I could ever replace the way it feels when riding it.

Dont get me wrong, I NEED my other bikes but they could be easily replaced (though $$$)
Amen man, I get it. Mine would be my soma wolverine for its sheer versatility. Don't worry though, I likewise NEED my mtbs.

I see bright blue gravel bike with stubby stem, I like!

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk