What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

HamboCairns

Let you google that for me
Took the chain off to isolate the cranks and it is indeed the crankset that's the cause of the bumping feeling! The 8mm hex bolt was a bit loose but even with tightening it was still bumping a bit.

If I spin the crank arms 180 degrees then push down on both arms, I feel the bump (how the fuck do you describe a really short movement?). Spin again and rest, same bump.

I wonder if the bearing pre-loader could do with some tightening? Other than that or using the seatpost breaker to really tighten up the cranks, I'm out of ideas.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Took the chain off to isolate the cranks and it is indeed the crankset that's the cause of the bumping feeling! The 8mm hex bolt was a bit loose but even with tightening it was still bumping a bit.

If I spin the crank arms 180 degrees then push down on both arms, I feel the bump (how the fuck do you describe a really short movement?). Spin again and rest, same bump.

I wonder if the bearing pre-loader could do with some tightening? Other than that or using the seatpost breaker to really tighten up the cranks, I'm out of ideas.
What BB?

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

Oddjob

Can hench anywhere any time

The bottom bracket shell face is out of alignment. I had the same issue on my dj bike with a brand new bsa30 bb. Get the bb shell chased and faced.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

I choo choo chose 29

What cranks?

HamboCairns

Let you google that for me
Also, compounded by cranks most likely made of cheese.
Maybe purely because of the cheese, and not being able to take your ample frame.
Yeah fair enough, they're fairly well know for being shite.

Will I be ok riding them for the next few weeks?

Hopefully my Aeffect R cranks fare better!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah fair enough, they're fairly well know for being shite.

Will I be ok riding them for the next few weeks?

Hopefully my Aeffect R cranks fare better!
Yeah, crank the bolt up, check it before you go out each ride. If the knocking gets worse, keep an eye on it. Not likely to get a catastrophic failure.