What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have so much to look forward to!

PS. Did you learn bike maintenance yourself? You seem to do an awful lot of it!
I used to collect and build old school BMX, then got rid of them all when I bought my first MTB (second time around). Maintenance and building bikes was a hobby but I will say that there is a bit more now than hobby level enjoyment.

YouTube is the great source of information and has everything on there to keep you away from a bike shop, including wheel building, which is a necessity but I don't enjoy it at all.

I only ever use a shop like NSD or Cyclinic for suspension related mods that I don't have the tools for. The rest is done here.

Got a pretty happy bloke, just came home from school to his new Canyon frame... yep bike parts swap over tonight.

moorey

call me Mia
Should do a Rotorburn YouTube channel full of maintenance tips.
That sounds equally as bad an idea as the horrific FB home maintenance/mechanic page.
You should need to pass a basic test to offer advise on that page, say, knowing that dot fluid and mineral oil aren’t interchangeable, or that a HG freehub isn’t speed specific. 98% are clueless, but freely dish out idiotic advice.
I feel better now.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
That sounds equally as bad an idea as the horrific FB home maintenance/mechanic page.
You should need to pass a basic test to offer advise on that page, say, knowing that dot fluid and mineral oil aren’t interchangeable, or that a HG freehub isn’t speed specific. 98% are clueless, but freely dish out idiotic advice.
I feel better now.
I'd suggest that 98% of the people that maintain their bikes here aren't clueless.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I feel better now.
Who 'da thunk that bad advice would be freely handed out on the interwebz.

It should be kept for the real but pointless ideological battles that matter like wheel sizes, hub standards, 2mm and 1/2 a degree frame geo changes, obscure suspension pissing contests sprinkled with the odd 26" ain't dead arguments. It is what the punters really want.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I'd suggest that 98% of the people that maintain their bikes here aren't clueless.
Oh, rly?

Et cetera....

Edit: there was more, but tappa is fucking up the links....

Been so long, I'm a wookie again.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Not a BMC (although I saw one in a shop when I picked up the lads new bike, looked v nice)... mine's a Cervelo.

Just found a review and for once I fully agree with the test rider.

"The only real fault on the C3 was the VS version of the Fizik Antares as a saddle choice. No amount of moving back and forth along the pressure relief ridges resulted in a comfortable perch."