What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Got out on the roadie today, first time on any bike for last 5 weeks, and first time since new baby 3 weeks ago.
Usual 50km Perth river loop.
Everything hurts. Knees, arse, hands, wrists, back, neck.
I’ve not done any exercise and despite losing a couple of kgs, any semblance of fitness I had was done.
Only me and my wife’s old man, and I felt like I was holding him up. Struggled to maintain 20km/h by the end.
Yep, I've been there. Was in a one-sided relationship and lost a heap of bike fitness. Nearly puked when I finally went on a real ride.

Keep pedalling, it'll come back!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've had the four pillars one. I won't be having any of this. Not drinking this year. Will ask the wife when she cracks it. Could be tonight or tomorrow
Fair enough, hope that goes well for you. I'm keen to hear her report.

I always end up back at Four Pillars after dalliances with others...
That is one of my benchmarks against which many have been judged.

Nothing like the four pillars. The four pillars is better. This is more clove heavy and like mulled wine. Probably be nice as a negroni
Well that was quick and informative, thanks. Negroni is a good cocktail and one that I like to make - quick easy and barely any mess. Wish more people would order them and less people would order espresso martinis. I'm glad people don't order pina colada much these days. Damn they're good but a fucking huge mess.

New bike build slowly but swiftly progressing. Fork installed, rear brake on and needing connection and bleed, wheels ready...I just need to get my front brake sorted and chose some tyres. Oh and set up suspension.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Local trails have been getting a bit of work since a race a few weeks ago, so decided to stay away to let settle and log a bit of elevation up the mountain a few times instead.

View attachment 374729
Goddamn, 82kph is nuts!
I hit around 70 a few weeks back and I was seriously worrying about sliding across the road into cars coming the other way (would have looked cool though...)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Assembly went a lot better than expected. Unpiped internal cable routing was a new experience, but got it done without any major dramas. Had to run a new rear brake line as well as cable inners & outers as everything for the rear was too short, but gears are already tuned, back brake bled, suspension semi-reasonably adjusted, and she's ready for a spin tomorrow. Kudos to Summit Cycles Melbourne for helping out with just supplying a frameset from what was a complete build (and keeping the frame pretty much unmarked too), and praise be to Transition for actually having a well-aligned derailleur hanger straight out of the factory!

View attachment 374726

The random creak under pedalling (only) has reappeared in the rear wheel though, so will have to look at that again in future. But for now - close enough!
This is excellent but I haven't been paying attention - what's it replacing? Or just n+1? Ideally the latter.
Longer dropper won't change anything.
I never thought I'd need a dropper with more than 125mm. Then I never thought I'd need one with more than 150mm (etc.)

Give a longer one a go, you might be very pleasantly surprised..
Mwahahahahaha you bought a CK hub....
What's with the CK Hub dislike? Out of all the hubs I've had mine has been the least troublesome and probably the best performer (tied with a P321). Beautiful engagement, zero maintenance. I've even bought another set for my new build, so there.

WDYDT/W/FYBT? = put it in the car to go to the Convict.

Feeling a little undercooked for it, and I'm only in for the 67 (now 74 due to a detour, something about a farmer and his robot daughters)
Survived but was so flogged out I didn't even partake in the free beer at the end, somebody get me a doctor !!

I still have the token for it, a poker chip, that I will adhere to my bars as a permanent reminder to " insert philosophical instagram / tik tok bullshit" here,

And no, I wasn't last.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Check their Christmas pud gin out if you can find it. That one's a pearler.
Yes it is.

Survived but was so flogged out I didn't even partake in the free beer at the end, somebody get me a doctor !!

I still have the token for it, a poker chip, that I will adhere to my bars as a permanent reminder to " insert philosophical instagram / tik tok bullshit" here,

And no, I wasn't last.
Full power!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Took the BMXC out because I couldn’t bring myself to ride the road bike. It was great, but the Circle Drive climb is a beast running 34:18 o_O Think I spied @beeb on the new Sentimel on my way past the Drysdale entrance.

@moorey I’ve almost convinced myself to do the Creswick race next week.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
This is excellent but I haven't been paying attention - what's it replacing? Or just n+1? Ideally the latter.
Currently it's replacing the Waltly (V3) as I robbed all the parts from it, but I will rebuild the Waltly over the next couple of months. I have most of what I need already, just need to sort out some wheels...

I never thought I'd need a dropper with more than 125mm. Then I never thought I'd need one with more than 150mm (etc.)
I started with 125mm, rapidly went 150mm, had a long stint with 185mm (First one that felt "enough"), then went to 212mm. I reckon a 225mm would be perfection for me, haha.

Hardtail party with @Scotty675
Heck yeah - they look great lads! I wonder what frame I got my "inspiration" from for that Waltly... :p

Took the BMXC out because I couldn’t bring myself to ride the road bike. It was great, but the Circle Drive climb is a beast running 34:18 o_O Think I spied @beeb on the new Sentimel on my way past the Drysdale entrance.

View attachment 374742
I was indeed out and getting the Sentinel dialled in. Did I spot you? I don't know what a BMXC is/looks like tbh, so I'm trying to remember who I saw out there today!

Anyway, always welcome to say G'day. Just be aware my conversational skills are a bit like trying to get an old car started on a cold morning - alright once it's had time to warm up! :oops::p

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I was indeed out and getting the Sentinel dialled in. Did I spot you? I don't know what a BMXC is/looks like tbh, so I'm trying to remember who I saw out there today!

Anyway, always welcome to say G'day. Just be aware my conversational skills are a bit like trying to get an old car started on a cold morning - alright once it's had time to warm up! :oops::p
I actually spotter the Smuggler first ;) The Sentinel is stealth as, it was the gold damper knob on the fork that made me look again and clock it aha.

You guys must have just got there, was just in that bit right at the bottom between the car park and the dams where Quarry tk comes out. I also was not capable of holding a conversation at that point :D

BMXC - it’s like downcountry but less gears/travel and more fun.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I actually spotter the Smuggler first ;) The Sentinel is stealth as, it was the gold damper knob on the fork that made me look again and clock it aha.

You guys must have just got there, was just in that bit right at the bottom between the car park and the dams where Quarry tk comes out. I also was not capable of holding a conversation at that point :D

BMXC - it’s like downcountry but less gears/travel and more fun.

View attachment 374746
Ah yes! We had literally just ridden out of the carpark but I did briefly spot you as you flew past - you were haulin'!

I see you rode Lactic in your loop (please tell me as a descent!), would've been lively on that bike! (Doffs cap :D)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
What's with the CK Hub dislike? Out of all the hubs I've had mine has been the least troublesome and probably the best performer (tied with a P321). Beautiful engagement, zero maintenance. I've even bought another set for my new build, so there.
Because they're bullshit.

The pricing is bullshit, the proprietry tools are bullshit, replacement parts pricing is bullshit, they had a tolerancing issue for a while which they bullshitted about, the greasing routine for the serviceable bearings is bullshit, and because they aren't modular everyone who had classics ate shit when boost happened.

The random noise under power makes it sound like the tolerancing issue is back.

You would have been better served with another set of P321s or I9s for that money.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk