What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Assembly went a lot better than expected. Unpiped internal cable routing was a new experience, but got it done without any major dramas. Had to run a new rear brake line as well as cable inners & outers as everything for the rear was too short, but gears are already tuned, back brake bled, suspension semi-reasonably adjusted, and she's ready for a spin tomorrow. Kudos to Summit Cycles Melbourne for helping out with just supplying a frameset from what was a complete build (and keeping the frame pretty much unmarked too), and praise be to Transition for actually having a well-aligned derailleur hanger straight out of the factory!

The random creak under pedalling (only) has reappeared in the rear wheel though, so will have to look at that again in future. But for now - close enough!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Assembly went a lot better than expected. Unpiped internal cable routing was a new experience, but got it done without any major dramas. Had to run a new rear brake line as well as cable inners & outers as everything for the rear was too short, but gears are already tuned, back brake bled, suspension semi-reasonably adjusted, and she's ready for a spin tomorrow. Kudos to Summit Cycles Melbourne for helping out with just supplying a frameset from what was a complete build (and keeping the frame pretty much unmarked too), and praise be to Transition for actually having a well-aligned derailleur hanger straight out of the factory!

View attachment 374726

The random creak under pedalling (only) has reappeared in the rear wheel though, so will have to look at that again in future. But for now - close enough!
I’ve got first dibs when you sell it!
That looks wicked!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Mwahahahahaha you bought a CK hub....

....nice bike by the way.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 374726

So much want, love the colour!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Put my old cranks on, linked the chain, fit an XT shifter and new cable and did one more thing, can you spot what it is?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Got out on the roadie today, first time on any bike for last 5 weeks, and first time since new baby 3 weeks ago.
Usual 50km Perth river loop.
Everything hurts. Knees, arse, hands, wrists, back, neck.
I’ve not done any exercise and despite losing a couple of kgs, any semblance of fitness I had was done.
Only me and my wife’s old man, and I felt like I was holding him up. Struggled to maintain 20km/h by the end.

slowmick

38-39"
Got out on the roadie today, first time on any bike for last 5 weeks, and first time since new baby 3 weeks ago.
Usual 50km Perth river loop.
Everything hurts. Knees, arse, hands, wrists, back, neck.
I’ve not done any exercise and despite losing a couple of kgs, any semblance of fitness I had was done.
Only me and my wife’s old man, and I felt like I was holding him up. Struggled to maintain 20km/h by the end.
But you got out. it's 20km/h quicker than a cornetto on the couch. well done sir.

Last edited: