What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Bit of roadie maintenance. Got rid of the stupid internal sleeves and ran full length cable outers to make much nicer shifts and easy cable replacements.
Then checked the brakes lol. Seems I'm just as bad at remembering brakes on this bike as I am with the MTB's

View attachment 374168

While on the subject of brakes, was also checking over my bike after the race on the weekend and found the rear caliper cracked through :(
No f'n idea how that would have happened I don't think I've ever touched it since bike purchase and doesn't seem to have any impact marks on it!

View attachment 374169
Should do it

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Fucking fell off on an underpass. It had just been raining and the tarmac is smooth as with a layer of silt and crap, not grippy at all. The bike slid out from underneath me and my arm and ribs took the fall. Also hit my head on the floor but of course I was wearing a helmet.

There's some mild dimpling so wondering if that means new helmet time?

I also tore off the right hand grip and my bottom shifter lever is bent upwards a bit. I'm guessing I can bend it back but if not, is $60 for an 11 speed XT shifter good and will it work ok with my 10sp Deore?

Last edited:

HamboCairns

Got some lovely bumps above my right knee and on my hip. It hurts a bit to breath in and to pull things, doesn't hurt at all to push on the ribs so I guess it's just bruising.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Fucking fell off on an underpass. It had just been raining and the tarmac is smooth as with a layer of silt and crap, not grippy at all. The bike slid out from underneath me and my arm and ribs took the fall. Also hit my head on the floor but of course I was wearing a helmet.

There's some mild dimpling so wondering if that means new helmet time?

I also tore off the right hand grip and my bottom shifter lever is bent upwards a bit. I'm guessing I can bend it back but if not, is $60 for an 11 speed XT shifter good and will it work ok with my 10sp Deore?
Ouch!

Yes, new helmet time.

No, 11 speed shifter won't work with a 10 speed derailleur. Whatcha got, bar clamp or integrated? (ispec a, b, II, EV, did I miss any of the iterations?)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Nice one. Never knew they were developing trails in that area. Any maps of the trails / area?
Trail worx are still there at the moment but most of the trails are done, it's fairly rocky and steep on the black trails.

HamboCairns

Shifter in that ad is also a LH shifter FYI so don't go impulse buying it or you'll be upset :p
Wow hadn't even paid attention to that! No impulse buy today, I'll try and bend the arm down first, should be doable. If it's really fucked then you'll find me in WTB :)