What are you listening to NOW?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

Just discovered that The Porcupine Tree are lining up a new album which excites me greatly
That is cooool. Haven't cranked those guys since the Fear of a Blank Planet days. Always a good soundtrack to books you were reading about dystopian societal collapse (if that's a thing you're into).

Cleverly

Likes Bikes
I listened to a mix of some of it the other day, didn't mind it but I could tell the more upbeat tracks were starting to give my office colleague the shits so I swapped to something else... :p
Please tell me "something else" was 10hrs straight of E1M1?
You might need to swap the colleague!!

smaj

Likes Dirt
Have been on a bit of a prog metal discovery tour recently, mostly Dream Theatre and Haken. Tried BTBAM but it’s not quite clicking for me. Also enjoying the latest Flock of Dimes album (big fan of Wye Oak) - obv not prog :)

Finally got around to watching a Miles Davis doco on Netflix and realised how little I knew about him. Followed it up with the Nina Simone doco (about half way through that).

cammas

Seamstress
Have been on a bit of a prog metal discovery tour recently, mostly Dream Theatre and Haken. Tried BTBAM but it’s not quite clicking for me. Also enjoying the latest Flock of Dimes album (big fan of Wye Oak) - obv not prog :)

Finally got around to watching a Miles Davis doco on Netflix and realised how little I knew about him. Followed it up with the Nina Simone doco (about half way through that).
Have you listened to We Lost the Sea ? Instrumental but still very awesome, the early albums had vocals but were very sludgy still awesome with a sad back story on why they went instrumental, if you haven’t noticed I’m a bit of a fan. Check out departure songs for me a great album.

smaj

Likes Dirt
Have you listened to We Lost the Sea ? Instrumental but still very awesome, the early albums had vocals but were very sludgy still awesome with a sad back story on why they went instrumental, if you haven’t noticed I’m a bit of a fan. Check out departure songs for me a great album.
Cheers I haven’t, will check them out. Waiting at the airport at the moment, wish I’d packed my headphones now!

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS

Lunatic Soul and Riverside worth a listen in that genre

Freediver

I can go full Karen
There's always room for big beats, I played You Know It Makes Sense by Pound System last night. They were from Melbourne and had a pretty good take on it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There's always room for big beats, I played You Know It Makes Sense by Pound System last night. They were from Melbourne and had a pretty good take on it.
Rocked the big beats...go swallowed into day of work. Fuck me covid is a pain in the arse! Home now...

You're living all over me is on.

Think I have earnt a glass of full cream unhomogenised milk and a sit on the couch.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Discovered a Hungarian metal band call Ektomorf recently and currently working my way through their lengthy back catalogue. Early stuff is basically a total rip off of Soulfly / Sepultura / Machine Head. Luckily, I like all of those things a lot, so this is not an issue for me: