What are you listening to NOW?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I was listening to a bunch of late 80s to early 90s hip hop today. Saw krs one live at the Enmore Theatre a few years ago. It was a great night out.
I remember first hearing KRS-One on that song he did with REM way back in their ‘losing my religion’ days and I kinda pigeonholed him as one of those clean cut corporate MTV rappers of the time ( a la MC Hammer)

So a few years later when I heard ‘Sound of da police’ it was quite a shock

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I remember first hearing KRS-One on that song he did with REM way back in their ‘losing my religion’ days and I kinda pigeonholed him as one of those clean cut corporate MTV rappers of the time ( a la MC Hammer)

Oh he has quite a diverse back catalogue. I used to work with a fellow who shared a lot of similar musical interests with me. He was a bit of a musical pirate, if we talked about an artist or band he would download their whole catalogue overnight. Apparently married life isn't all that interesting ....

Jpez

Down on the left!
Not really a TV theme per se but it’s got both Lemmy Kilminster and Vyvyan Bastard in it and they can do whatever the fuck they want!

Fun fact,
bought a house several years ago and we’re in signing documents and the guy looks familiar.
Then I notice a pic of Adrian Edmondson on the wall.interesting. Then twigged that the vendors surname was Edmondson. ahhhh. Penny drops. I bought a house of Vyvyan Bastards brother.
A month or so later cleaning out the garage up on a shelf in the eves I find a big baggie of pot.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Fun fact,
bought a house several years ago and we’re in signing documents and the guy looks familiar.
Then I notice a pic of Adrian Edmondson on the wall.interesting. Then twigged that the vendors surname was Edmondson. ahhhh. Penny drops. I bought a house of Vyvyan Bastards brother.
A month or so later cleaning out the garage up on a shelf in the eves I find a big baggie of pot.
Gold!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

I always had similar feelings about Busta Rhymes based off the radio edits of his more "pop" songs, but later came to realise how insanely talented the dude is (though admittedly I still don't like most of his music...).

This clip is a prime example. He's at a radio station and the hosts surprise him with a segment where he has to rap some of his songs live. Starts a bit slow, you can hear mind and voice take a little time to warm up - but around the 4:40 mark you get to see what he's capable of. ...and that's dropping that level of complexity at that speed, unprepared, and without getting tongue-tied or forgetting a line. Just damn. :eek:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Another slightly tenuous TV theme link as it’s actually a techno version of what’s known to us as the theme of a classic war film but Das Boot was originally released as a mini-series in Germany. There’s also a disappointing sequel series kicking about on SBS that retains the theme music so it still stands as far as I’m concerned!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I always had similar feelings about Busta Rhymes based off the radio edits of his more "pop" songs, but later came to realise how insanely talented the dude is (though admittedly I still don't like most of his music...).

This clip is a prime example. He's at a radio station and the hosts surprise him with a segment where he has to rap some of his songs live. Starts a bit slow, you can hear mind and voice take a little time to warm up - but around the 4:40 mark you get to see what he's capable of. ...and that's dropping that level of complexity at that speed, unprepared, and without getting tongue-tied or forgetting a line. Just damn. :eek:
That is impressive.

(I mean that in the most ‘holy fuck’ kind of way)

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Off the back of the Busta Rhymes clip I’ve veered off on a drum n bass tangent that started off with the Origin Unknown remix of ‘Woo Hah’ and has promptly led to this:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I’m probably investing more time into this tv theme rabbithole than I’d normally otherwise do because a: I’m in quarantine and have fuck all else to do.

B: the only TV show worth watching tonight was Ted Lasso and while it’s a surprisingly great show, it’s theme is fucking awful (fucking Mumford & Sons FFS)

And C: I have whisky

On that note, I doubt this gem ever made it over here to Oz back in its heyday ( I don’t think it was even shown South of the border) but no matter. It’s solid gold!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’m probably investing more time into this tv theme rabbithole than I’d normally otherwise do because a: I’m in quarantine and have fuck all else to do.

B: the only TV show worth watching tonight was Ted Lasso and while it’s a surprisingly great show, it’s theme is fucking awful (fucking Mumford & Sons FFS)

And C: I have whisky

On that note, I doubt this gem ever made it over here to Oz back in its heyday ( I don’t think it was even shown South of the border) but no matter. It’s solid gold!

Pretty sure super gran had a stint on the ABC.