What are you listening to NOW?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Was under the impression that my favourite metal band (the one that got me into glorious metal) but be a bit past their prime.

Perhaps not. This song rips.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Was under the impression that my favourite metal band (the one that got me into glorious metal) but be a bit past their prime.

Perhaps not. This song rips.
Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast...

I am surprised these guys still exist. Perhaps there has been some significant lineup changes?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Let freedom ring with a shotgun blast...

I am surprised these guys still exist. Perhaps there has been some significant lineup changes?
Haven't kept up - there certainly were back in their heyday, I think only Flynn and drummer were the two originals five years after they hit it big, other change was Flynn moving away from lead guitar in the early 2000s.

They've always been a bit hit and miss - first three albums were rad, fourth meh, fifth and sixth absolutely epic, everything since for the past decade has been fairly easily avoidable imo. Last album was a total dud - what a mate called "creative bankruptcy." Judging from this latest single maybe they've found a few coins down the back of a couch somewhere.

Edit: according to Wikipedia Flynn is the only remaining original member.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ I went to do the same thing...buy got distracted by the story of mayhem and the erupt of Norwegian black metal. I remember hearing about some Norwegian lunatic called count grishnackh killing his band mate when I was in high school, but didn't know much else about the story. Now I do and it was crazy.

I really enjoyed the first 2 machine head albums. By the third my musical tastes had changed a bit. I enjoyed it but not as much as the earlier stuff, which was probably more to do with myself than the music.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I really enjoyed the first 2 machine head albums. By the third my musical tastes had changed a bit. I enjoyed it but not as much as the earlier stuff, which was probably more to do with myself than the music.
Third one was definitely in their nu-metal phase but I was a dickhead teenager who actually liked nu-metal so this was fine. It still holds up though.

Peak Machine Head is still Through the Ashes of Empires and The Blackening - some absolutely stellar tracks on both.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Third one was definitely in their nu-metal phase but I was a dickhead teenager who actually liked nu-metal so this was fine. It still holds up though.

Peak Machine Head is still Through the Ashes of Empires and The Blackening - some absolutely stellar tracks on both.
The only nu-metal I liked (and still like) are Korn's first and second albums.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ I went to do the same thing...buy got distracted by the story of mayhem and the erupt of Norwegian black metal. I remember hearing about some Norwegian lunatic called count grishnackh killing his band mate when I was in high school, but didn't know much else about the story. Now I do and it was crazy.
This one?
Bonkers but highly entertaining. *

mtb1611

Seymour
Been a massive V SPY V SPY fan since I was about 14, and Cliff Grigg is my favourite drummer of all time. Was more than a tad skeptical when this landed and whilst it may not be the Spies of old - the lineup I saw probably 30 times - this new version actually goes all right....