We've moved to XenForo!!!

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Everyone,
14 years ago this forum was built upon a forum software package called VBulletin. In that time we've moved through two versions and many, many revisions to where we were earlier today. Not too long ago VBulletin released what is to be the last update to version 4. In the cyber security world this is the time to either a) upgrade or b) jump ship.

With quite a lot of doubt around an upgrade to V5 the path was pretty clear........ Option B.

To cut a not very long story short we've decided to up and move to the XenForo platform that promises a faster and more reliable experience. The developers are in fact the original guys that created VBulletin before they lost the plot.

As you can imagine there's quite a lot of work to do to get things all moved across. At this point in time we're just going to run with the forum whilst the back-end is sorted out for the front page.

All user accounts have been migrated. The only caveat is usernames with an comma in them (POSM, that's you). We've had to replace the commas with a full stop.

All forums and threads have bee migrated. Private messages have not at this stage (there's litterally gigabytes and do we really need them).

If you have any issues post upgrade please email me scott at rotorburn.com.

Ideate

All forums and threads have bee migrated. Private messages have not at this stage (there's litterally gigabytes and do we really need them).
YES! I had pictures of Moorebagz' balls! I was saving them to make Christmas cards..

Minlak

custom titis
We can't upload photos anymore? We have to have them hosted by a third party?
It looks like in some circumstances you can upload but in the sale forums I could find no way to attach an image with out using 3rd party hosting.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I'll see what I can do about the file upload issue. There's bound to be a few things like this. It's a pretty vanilla install at this stage. Still getting the hang of it's admin interface.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m no longer getting notifications of new posts in subscribed threads.

Merely an FYI.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Can you please modify the way the screen displays each topic as the avatars are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too big.

It looks like some gaming forum occupied by nerds.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Scott, well done on the migration. I can bet it is a handful.

Any ETA on the return of PM's? I need some details stored away in there for an upcoming purchase.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk