Weekend riding in Canberra

dh1

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,

So I have been meaning to book a weekend of riding in Canberra for some time now as I have never been to a bike park before. I heard about Majura Pines opening this weekend and I thought why not. So I booked my accommodation yesterday before I had even sourced a new rear hanger from my bike, I was feeling optimistic and I ended up finding one.

So I'm heading down on Friday and will head to stromlo for a couple of hours in the afternoon just to try and familiarised myself the park. Will go there again on Saturday for a good full day of riding and then Majura Pines on Sunday and head home late in the arvo.

Is anyone planning to go to stromlo on Saturday that I can tag along with? Also are there any other trails around the area that are worth checking out? I will be bringing along my am bike.

Cheers,

Zeb.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Do you like
Berms Tugger P, Majura, Stromlo.
Jumps As above
rocks Canberra's smooth, the 3 above have some rocky bits, mainly Tugger P and Stromlo
tight techy Majura old school tracks, Bruce Ridge, but not that techy, Sparrow, Jerra
decents Majura has threefun decent tracks, Stromlo Several, Tugger P several short ones.
climbing Jerrabombra, Stromlo, I guess Majura
pushing Tugger P, Majura.
rugged See Rocky, Majura will get there, but should be okay this weekend. Jerrabobra
smooth Tugger P has some, Stromlo too, Majura depending how many new peeps pop it's cherry dragging their brakes this weekend. Sparrow and Bruce have some smooth, more XCish though.
long walks on the beech? Wrong town.
This is just a very basic guide, I've only been here a few years, I'm sure others can answer your questions better or pull me up on my statements. All the tracks here cover a lot of the similar ground metaphorically speaking.

Last edited:

dh1

Likes Dirt
Hi NSM,

Thanks for the run down. Are you able to provide me with the details of where I can find the Bruce Ridge and Tugger P tracks? They might be worth having a look at even if I don't ride them much this weekend I will know for next time.

Cheers,

Zeb.