Warburton trail updates

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Some of this stuff is flat out bonkers.

Lady yesterday was carrying on about packs of wild dogs in the area, because she saw a wee dog with no tail in the area and heard some barking one night.

Lady today was all riled up about how these extreme sports make us alpha male types aggressive and promotes domestic violence

And then there was old mate Fred who went on a full grandpa Simpson rant about global warming and how cutting down even a couple of trees will destroy the planet. I think. Mostly it was semi coherent rbling that seemed to change topic mid sentence. Super entertaining

Honestly, these people are clutching at straws. The MTB community is all positivity and showing what we're about, and the nimbys are all slander and demonizing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I couldn't bear to listen

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Great write up in Flow about the hearing process and the fuckery going on. Disappointing to see Parks Vic are part of the fuckery…
https://flowmountainbike.com/features/warburton-mountain-bike-destination-iac-hearing/
TLDR.. got as far as the fake photo.... Parks are THE fuckery... If you saw the bull shit they've been upto at my local trails you would find it extremely hard to believe they are there to protect the environment. Hiring contractors to bulldoze through native forest and pushing over mature trees to block tracks that have been there for 10 years to planting non native species in surrounding picnic grounds.
They even turned a blind eye to forestry knowingly stripping bare a whole hillside they had no right to in the Yarra Ranges.
Warburton is showing that you cant work with these groups. Not in Victoria anyway.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
TLDR.. got as far as the fake photo.... Parks are THE fuckery... If you saw the bull shit they've been upto at my local trails you would find it extremely hard to believe they are there to protect the environment. Hiring contractors to bulldoze through native forest and pushing over mature trees to block tracks that have been there for 10 years to planting non native species in surrounding picnic grounds.
They even turned a blind eye to forestry knowingly stripping bare a whole hillside they had no right to in the Yarra Ranges.
Warburton is showing that you cant work with these groups. Not in Victoria anyway.
Hard agree!

The department of treated pine posts are a bunch of bureaucratic ocean going fuckwits in Victoria.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Disappointing to see Parks Vic are part of the fuckery…
Really, really sad. The guys I knew who worked in that area at PV a few years ago were massively supportive of this project - in fact really proud it was happening on their turf.

Can only assume there's been a bit of turnover, which considering the way head office is run wouldn't surprise me.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Good news is it's now in the hands of Planning Minister Richard I-don't-give-a-f***-about-heritage Wynn, who's department is very focused on economic recovery. So odds are pretty good I reckon.

That article though... either Flow is biased af against Parks and anyone else who doesn't support the project 100% and were very selective with their reporting as a result, or it was a total shitshow. Judging by some of the submissions, probably the latter.

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
I was told the MT Little Joe side of the main road will be given the go ahead ,

and the MT Donna Buang trails including the big long trail from top to bottom ( which seems to be the area that they are most up in arms over so it kind of makes sense ) wont be . But not sure if that means a permanent firm no , or they need more time to make that decision.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I was told the MT Little Joe side of the main road will be given the go ahead ,

and the MT Donna Buang trails including the big long trail from top to bottom ( which seems to be the area that they are most up in arms over so it kind of makes sense ) wont be . But not sure if that means a permanent firm no , or they need more time to make that decision.
If I’m reading that right, it looks like that would be the majority of trails going ahead with just a few, longer trails in limbo (or rejected). Is that right?

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
If I’m reading that right, it looks like that would be the majority of trails going ahead with just a few, longer trails in limbo (or rejected). Is that right?
Looking at the map , yes , but the 25 km trail from the top of mt Donna Buang was going to be a major major feature , thru rain forests etc

but please don’t take it as gospel , I heard it from locals who say they are in the know , but you know how rumours can go .

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The department of treated pine posts are a bunch of bureaucratic ocean going fuckwits in Victoria.
Absolutely I hate them .Wankers .
every new track they try to squeeze money out for vegetation offsets.
Its one silly dept giving grants for mtbike tracks ,then $300K goes to Parks for offsets which never appear ?
Then they whinge when we cleared an old gold mining race covered in trees and sprayed blackberries to ride to a waterfall , then they tried to acquire it for walking tracks when all the work was done = parasites.
Fortunately now it is becoming part of the new Yackandandah Beechworth Epic Trail. Ha ha
They are against virtually everything but love burnoffs which make the regrowth thicker.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Absolutely I hate them .Wankers .
every new track they try to squeeze money out for vegetation offsets.
Its one silly dept giving grants for mtbike tracks ,then $300K goes to Parks for offsets which never appear ?
Then they whinge when we cleared an old gold mining race covered in trees and sprayed blackberries to ride to a waterfall , then they tried to acquire it for walking tracks when all the work was done = parasites.
Fortunately now it is becoming part of the new Yackandandah Beechworth Epic Trail. Ha ha
They are against virtually everything but love burnoffs which make the regrowth thicker.
More details on yackandadah beechworth epic trail please!