Wanted - stuff for daughter's birthday bike (found / sold)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I've got this sweet Titus el guapo frame on its way for daughter's birthday

I have some fox36 forks, dtswiss ex500 wheels, slx cranks, monarch plus shock, zee calipers with deore levers. It's got a decent start here I think but there's some stuff I need to tie it together. I can pilfer some stuff from other bikes to get it going in time so no dramas if stuff can't get here quick.

Item: 11sp hg cassette & 11sp Shimano derailleur
Price range/Willing to Pay: $100ish? Or whatever's fair
Extra Info: pretty much need it posted, pickup is against the law for Mexicans. I have a shifter, but will consider a groupset if that's the best way to do it. Not married to 11sp if it's a complete shiftset.

Item: 6 bolt rotors, pref floating, pref 180/160, but resolve isn't super strong on this. Those cheap Chinese snail/zitto branded ones are fine.
Price range/Willing to Pay: $50ish
Extra Info: pretty much need it posted, pickup is against the law for Mexicans.

Item: 10mm 135mm rear through axle, bolt up or quick release is fine.
Price range/Willing to Pay: $35 for a new set of front and rear on eBay, this one shouldn't break the bank
Extra Info: pretty much need it posted, pickup is against the law for Mexicans. Can I just buy a 150mm M10 bolt and run that?

Item: nice grips? Mud guard? Pedals? Anything else you think a bike of that calibre needs?
Price range/Willing to Pay:
Extra Info: pretty much need it posted, pickup is against the law for Mexicans.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I’ve got some Hope rotors and some flat pedals in blue if of any interest.

moorey

call me Mia
No spare derailleur, but should have an 11-42 XT cassette. Give @Labcanary a couple of dollars for it seeing she won’t take my money for her hub.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I reckon I’ve got a Marsh guard I can post to you. Will check in the morning. Will see if there is anything else while I’m at it.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I've got a brake banjo to send you that finally turned up from eBay.

Got some brand new grips off Jaynes Polygon if you want them. Not high end but free. Plus brand new enduro guard but it's bright green.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Thanks boys and girls!

I've got a brake banjo to send you that finally turned up from eBay.

Got some brand new grips off Jaynes Polygon if you want them. Not high end but free. Plus brand new enduro guard but it's bright green.
Forgot all about the banjo, I take it you sorted your brakes out fine?
Any chance of a pic of the grips? I've got some here to tide her over so not stressed much about it, she'll likely want to scroll through eBay and use some bday money on custom bits anyway.

I may have some of this. (axle, rotors)
Will check in the morning as the garage is cold
Yeah, stuff outside, cold is for penguins and people in Ballarat. Nope to that.
Thanks, wasn't expecting an axle honestly, that's some luck there if you have one!

No spare derailleur, but should have an 11-42 XT cassette. Give @Labcanary a couple of dollars for it seeing she won’t take my money for her hub.
Ripper, looks like she's going full fancy pants with 11sp then. Thanks mate, I'll pay sis back by not calling her for a few weeks - nothing like a holiday right?

Zee calipers? Is she eating too much on lockdown @Plankosaurus?

Lol. They're the only decent spares I have. Definitely overkill, but I'm out of other bikes with lesser brakes that need 4 potters

I’ve got some Hope rotors and some flat pedals in blue if of any interest.
Thanks mate, not sure blue would work though. Unless I take the blue for my monochrome looking spider and fall down that slippery slope of colouring in a bike with expensive ano bits

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Ripper, looks like she's going full fancy pants with 11sp then. Thanks mate, I'll pay sis back by not calling her for a few weeks - nothing like a holiday right?

Lol. They're the only decent spares I have. Definitely overkill, but I'm out of other bikes with lesser brakes that need 4 potters
  1. Yep, and good point.
  2. if she’d prefer XT calipers...

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I reckon I’ve got a Marsh guard I can post to you. Will check in the morning. Will see if there is anything else while I’m at it.
Sorry @Plankosaurus - seems I’m a bit useless. I can’t find the marsh guard and all I have otherwise is some cranks and an old Mavic rear hub ☹

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I've got spare mud guards @Plankosaurus I'll send you a message with what I have and you let me know if Miss Planko would like it.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk