Wanted (probably) 29er wheelset FOUND

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Item: 29" Wheelset. 100x15 and 135xQR with Shimano freehub
Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition / build ... $250 - 350 ish

I am thinking about replacing the wheelset on my Giant hardtail. Currently it is running Giant P-XC2 wheels which are flexy and weigh just over 2t the pair. I will only ride this pusillanimously on fire trails and bike tracks etc so I am not after anything heavy duty. So lighter and stronger than the current wheels without having to tell my wife I am spending any money... Prefer good condition without flat spots, cracks or buckles but signs of being used are fine.

Had a look on bikebug etc and getting a QR rear seems to be quite tricky.

If you have anything that fits the bill (and let's face these are very old specs so you should have already upgraded by now and if you haven't then it is time to do so immediately - go boost everything so you wont be able to use your current wheels) let me know.

ta

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
If you'd posted this a week ago I would have had you covered - 29" WTB i19's on 32h non-boost 350 classics with Shimano driver, 100x15F with QR adapter axle and rear with both 142x12 and QR end caps - condition exactly as you prefer.... except I just sold the rear QR end caps to Oddjob! I was going to re-lace the hubs to other rims at some stage for a 100x15 fork / 142x12 frame, which is why I parted the QR end caps out.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Item: 29" Wheelset. 100x15 and 135xQR with Shimano freehub
Price range/Willing to Pay: Depends on condition / build ... $250 - 350 ish

I am thinking about replacing the wheelset on my Giant hardtail. Currently it is running Giant P-XC2 wheels which are flexy and weigh just over 2t the pair. I will only ride this pusillanimously on fire trails and bike tracks etc so I am not after anything heavy duty. So lighter and stronger than the current wheels without having to tell my wife I am spending any money... Prefer good condition without flat spots, cracks or buckles but signs of being used are fine.

Had a look on bikebug etc and getting a QR rear seems to be quite tricky.

If you have anything that fits the bill (and let's face these are very old specs so you should have already upgraded by now and if you haven't then it is time to do so immediately - go boost everything so you wont be able to use your current wheels) let me know.

ta
So clearly a 12X142 setup is no good?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I got a set of DT Swiss Tricon xm 1550 29er in those exact measurements. They are true and I can chuck in the 160mm centrelock shimano rotors.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Just as an aside...I had my pcx2 wheelset rebuilt by decent wheelbuilder when the front hub expired. Used a Novatec front hub. Now they on my DirtRoadie...fine wheels actually.

If the front hub wasn't 9mm I'd happily sell them to you!!