VIC Wanted - old crappy parts for kids 'get to school's bike (found)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
One of my kids has been struggling a bit with the bmx we've given him for getting to school (because good bikes DO NOT go in school bike sheds) so I've just bought an old Avanti hammer for him to use. The hammer was nearly complete, and despite the neglect I've mostly got it all running smoothly again. Just need the following to finish it up:

Item:
  • v brake, only need it for the rear. A lever to match the Shimano one I have would be ace but I've got others I can use.
  • square taper crankset, any size would be fine. Some Muppet has cross threaded the left pedal and I can't be bothered with a helicoil to fix it
  • 8sp cassette. Came with a 7sp cassette but 8sp shifter. It's working fine as is so don't really need this, but if you're about to chuck one out I'll save it.
Price range/Willing to Pay: as little as possible, this bike needs not be fancy in any way shape or form
Extra Info: I've given away or thrown out all of these things recently, hopefully someone nearby is on the cusp of doing something similar.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Don't make me choose guys!

If I can grab them without going too far this weekend that'd be ace, I don't like making the chauffeur go to far out of her way if I can help it.

@woogy - it's not going to be too much of a pain to stop at narre on the way through?

@kip - you won't get upset if I grab woogys stuff?

@moorey - move closer so logistics aren't such a pain

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Oi bruv, I'm pretty sure I also have what you need. Sounds like you're all sorted though. Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Just chuck it out the door ... no need for stopping:) that would be a sight... especially the drive side cranks

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Lol!
I like the idea, would like to try to catch it but pretty sure I'd fuck myself over one way or another if I did

Any idea roughly when you'd be passing through @wooogy? I'll need to make sure wifey can have me at the station bang on...

Arran

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just saw your post, sorry. Got v-brakes & 8s cassette for sure. Might have a crankset but have to have a look...

Can bring either or both this weekend & collect the wheels if you still need parts?

Also have a range of square taper BBs if you need something wider/narrower?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Just saw your post, sorry. Got v-brakes & 8s cassette for sure. Might have a crankset but have to have a look...

Can bring either or both this weekend & collect the wheels if you still need parts?

Also have a range of square taper BBs if you need something wider/narrower?
Thanks mate, got it all sorted thanks to my buddy kip there.

Still feel free to visit on the weekend and grab those wheels though