WA Trails listing

sexidj

Squid
Hello all,

I am attempting in constructing a listing of all trails in Western Australia. Some trails will be pretty obvious but I'm sure there are many that are word of mouth. If you can submit a post with the following details that would be great.

Name
Approx length
Riding type - eg XC/DH etc

I will post honorable mentions to some of the better responses

Lets see how we go.

Cheers

OK I'll get this started (former Perth resident who moved to Victoria 3 months ago so can just think about riding these trails but unfortunately won't be riding them for a long time!)

Name - Kalamunda Circuit
Location - Mundaring Weir Road, Paul's Valley - car parking at The Dell (about 1km East of Pauls Valley and Asher Rds), The Camel Farm (down Paul's Valley Road) and also on the south side of the road a little closer to Kalamunda
Brief Description - Loose pea grevelly trails thet form a loop around Mundaring Weir Road about 45 mins drive from Perth CBD. A lot of work is currently being done to improve the trail network around here with some great new trails being built and restoration / improvement of older trails also taking place. Circuit also crosses the Munda-Biddi trail in places.
Approx length - Currently being built into a 22k mountain bike trail. Info from their Facebook page: Based on the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) grading for trail difficulty the trail is a blue square trail with black diamond Technical Trail Features (TTFs). It is designed for intermediate to advanced XC riding with log rides, log roll overs, jumps, rock gardens, ladders, drop offs and lots of single track. There can be unavoidable obstacles up to 400 mm high. All obstacles bigger than the blue rating will have B lines such as jumps and black diamond TTFs.
Riding type - XC / All Mountain / Great Fun!
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kalamunda-Circuit-Mountain-Bike-Trail/135715473144792

Name - The Goat Farm
Location - Greenmount Rise, just off the Great Eastern Highway, Greenmont
Brief Description - Perth's MTB Park. A couple of XC loops with some steep climbs, and a couple of DH tracks, a 4X track, as well as a new DJ and Skills area. Plenty to keep people entertained
Approx length - At a guess I would say the longest XC loop is around 6km
Riding type - XC/DH/DJ/4X

Also more WA Trails info here:
http://www.wamba.org.au/trails.php

Last edited: