Video Club Round 25th Oct

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
CCOMTB Club Round 25th October 2009

Got there at around 9am, freindly welcome & a lift up the hill and i was shooting away. Got some footage at the first drop and was moving down the hill when i heard a rider down calling for help :eek:

A lovely young girl, they told me her name was Lara ( excuse me if i am wrong), tough as nails and very brave. A big off from the drop had thrown her into a tree and her knee was very bruised. She toughed it out and after a hand back to the shuttle was off with a thankyou and a smile. Best wishes for a fast recovery, i hope the damage was minor.

Back on the track and shooting away, i watch a drisil turn into a rain turn into a pour and by the time i made it back to the truck i was drenched to the bone and worried about my camera ( It was wrapped in glad bags and elec tape) but i still had a smile on my face remembering the footage i had caught.

Although my day was cut short by the rain and i only caught action on the top half of the track and in practice, i really enjoyed myself and look forward to returning to shoot another round.
Heck i even felt like getting the hardtail out and smashing some of those A-Lines myself :D

CCOMTB ROUND IN RAIN "Feel The Tide" :cool:

Tye

Likes Dirt
Very nice Peter. Shame you couldn't get some more footage it comes out great. I just made it in at the end there too:cool:

bighitben

Likes Dirt
That was pretty good, nice quality to.
If you couldv've filmed more in the wet i think it would've been good.

Otherwise good job, hope to see you out there next season :D

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
The vid was brilliant thanks heaps I can see a lot of effect was put into it.

As for the female rider injured I would like to find out more & who she is as there was no females registered for racing on the day.

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
The vid was brilliant thanks heaps I can see a lot of effect was put into it.

As for the female rider injured I would like to find out more & who she is as there was no females registered for racing on the day.
:confused:

Thats not a good idea, registration in an event lets the organisors know who is on the course and who needs to be accounted for. I once decided it was a good idea not to register for a Motorcycle rally. 7pm in the evening in the middle of the central tablelands and noone knew we were there. When we finally got out i had to breathe into a paper bag for an hour to calm myself down.

On another note Thankyou all for the kind comments on the Video :eek:

EDIT: Camera im using SONY HXR-MC1P (Very easy to use, some may dislike AVCHD but has caused no issues for me as yet, i just love the places it can get like sit it on top of a berm, 2 cm from the side of the track, in trees is always good too) HXR-MC1P

Last edited:

T-Rex

Template denier
When we got to the car park at about 9.15 I saw Alice Minihan and her Dad Tony heading up. I didn't get to talk to them but noticed they didn't have plates. Could the injured girl have been Alice? I also noticed she wasn't wearing knee pads......

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When we got to the car park at about 9.15 I saw Alice Minihan and her Dad Tony heading up. I didn't get to talk to them but noticed they didn't have plates. Could the injured girl have been Alice? I also noticed she wasn't wearing knee pads......
the injured girl was on a greenish V-10 when we were helping here out

SLEDGER

Likes Dirt
I appreciate your support guys having unregistered riders on the track at race day will always be an issue as the event in operated under MTBA guidelines & the offending riders are not doing the clubs & organisers an favors.

My suggestion if you decide to ride before registating due to the line is to long or whatever reason please don't & or you have turned up not knowing there is a race on & just ride anyway you are putting the club & yourself at risk & disrespecting your fellow riders in doing so.

Please guys play within the bumper lanes illegal riders on a race clubby day is out of the rules we all sign up for & the rules we hopefully honour as our code of conduct.

Thanks Wayne

Last edited: