STOLEN Vic: Transition Sentinel -grey XL

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Some fucktard has stolen my pride and joy from my house.

I’m typing this quickly after making a report to the police and will add detail and photos soon

But if anyone is in or around Melbourne and sees an XL grey Transition Sentinel for sale please let me know.

It’s pretty unique as it has a cascade components link. Also got teal grips and matching one up tool in the steerer.

Will list other spec soon.

Bike: Transition Sentinel
Colour: Grey
Date it was stolen: 10 July
Where it was stolen: Northcote Vic
Specs: hunt wheels, sram gx drivetrain, shigura brakes and cascade components link, SR Suntour Durilux forks. Oneup seatlost, SQ labs seat
Other Discriptions: few things have changed since the pic below. Has stealth stickers on the fork now
Pictures:

Thanks

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
FFS, sorry to hear Yuley.

It’s probably the only Cascade link getting around with the 3 joining screws each side blacked out in case anyone sees one pop up for sale.

yuley95

FFS, sorry to hear Yuley.

It’s probably the only Cascade link getting around with the 3 joining screws each side blacked out in case anyone sees one pop up for sale.
Yeah, its pretty identifiable. Durolux forks (with custom stealth decals), Cascade components link (with attention to detail only @beeb can deliver - blacked out screws), shigura brakes etc. Minion DHF up front and Goodyear Newton ST out back. Even if someone was to swap out a couple of things to flip it, there is enough unique stuff to make it identifiable for sure…

yuley95

That sucks. Bike theft hurts deep. My sincere condolences on your loss.
Thanks @pink poodle. I fucking love my bike and am really shitty about this.

As much as I’m hoping to find my bike, I’m sure chances are not great.. :(

Fuck mate that's shitty news :(

Will definitely be keeping an eye out for it.
Thanks mate - appreciated it

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Thanks @pink poodle. I fucking love my bike and am really shitty about this.

As much as I’m hoping to find my bike, I’m sure chances are not great so if you have any tips on dealing with insurance companies to get the right value for something that was pieced together from a million places, that would be very handy.

Thanks mate - appreciated it
Not sure if it applies, but when my brother had his house broken into and bikes stolen his insurance company passed the bike claim part onto Velosure, they were excellent in getting his bikes valued and replaced.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In my experience he chance of getting the bike back is 1 out of too many, and in that case it was still written off. So perhaps a zero percent chance is more accurate? I have seen a only a small number of mine again over the years, with the chance to regain one with force. In that instance I thought the police (stationed nearby) would be of assistance and naively sought their help rather than rely on violence.

Minlak

custom titis
Did you have it listed as an item for insurance? Or its own insurance or are you relying on car or household insurance?

yuley95

Did you have it listed as an item for insurance? Or its own insurance or are you relying on car or household insurance?
I haven't spoken to my insurance company yet as I'm waiting on the incident report from the police.

Last edited:

yuley95

@yuley95 , if you want to email us up some pics / spec outline we can share it around on both SuperSportsAu facebook and instagram and the TransitionBikesAU instagram for you.
Brilliant. I'll send you a PM now and get an email ready to go. Thanks!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Sounds like it was either an opportunistic snatch and grab, or maybe you were followed home. Might be worth putting it up in some local area facebook groups, incase it was a kid who suddenly turned up home with a new bike and told his naive parents he paid his mate $200 for it.... good luck with it, hope it turns up.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I haven't spoken to my insurance company yet as I'm waiting on the incident report from the police but I'm hoping it's covered under car or household insurance for full value. It was taken off my car from in front of my house so not sure how they will categorise it (car or house)
Hopefully as it was locked up the insurance should come through for you at least.

Last edited: