STOLEN Vic - SE Melbourne. Giant Anthem X Adv. SL 26"

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Date: 12-13/6/22

Hi burners, my beloved 2011 Anthem X Advanced SL, size Medium was nicked from my garage last night. I have a suspicion that it was my next-door neighbour but can't prove it...

Anyway, the bike is one of the later 26" Anthems. Mostly raw carbon finish with silver/metallic grey highlights. Shimano XT 3x10 drivetrain, SLX brakes, carbon bar, seatpost & wheels (custom-branded Dirty Mongrel Racing, which was my HPV racing team). The bright blue Fox F100 fork is a very distinguishing feature. Also making this bike easy to identify is a pair of carbon patches on the top tube, courtesy of shifter bites.

Also taken was a 26" Shimano XT front wheel, 100x15 T/A, with Maxxis Ignitor tyre.

Please keep an eye on the usual dodgy sources.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Hi burners, my beloved 2011 Anthem X Advanced SL, size Medium was nicked from my garage last night. I have a suspicion that it was my next-door neighbour but can't prove it...

Anyway, the bike is one of the later 26" Anthems. Mostly raw carbon finish with silver/metallic grey highlights. Shimano XT 3x10 drivetrain, SLX brakes, carbon bar, seatpost & wheels (custom-branded Dirty Mongrel Racing, which was my HPV racing team). The bright blue Fox F100 fork is a very distinguishing feature. Also making this bike easy to identify is a pair of carbon patches on the top tube, courtesy of shifter bites.

Also taken was a 26" Shimano XT front wheel, 100x15 T/A, with Maxxis Ignitor tyre.

Ah shit, sorry to hear Duck. Will keep my eyes peeled. :(

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Half tempted to jump the fence & have scout around next-door's backyard a bit later.... The basis for my suspicion is that a while ago a gazebo was nicked, but the frame was broken, so I didn't care too much. One day I saw a gazebo the same colour as mine atop one of the sheds next-door.....

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

That’s shit ducky. I’ll keep and eye out and good luck getting it back

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I have no idea if you're the n+1 type so I'll just offer it up - if you need a bike to get you by just yell out. I have a couple of medium bikes that the boys do not use () so happy to loan something while you go all Liam Neeson on your neighbours.

Shit about the anthem, hope it rocks up relatively unmolested...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
Half tempted to jump the fence & have scout around next-door's backyard a bit later.... The basis for my suspicion is that a while ago a gazebo was nicked, but the frame was broken, so I didn't care too much. One day I saw a gazebo the same colour as mine atop one of the sheds next-door.....
Throw something over there like a tennis or golf ball and then go searching for it ;).

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Pics in This thread.

Pics don't show the top tube patches, but they stick out likes dog's proverbials. Also, due to a subsequent fork rebuild, only the lower is bright blue, the crown (from an older model) is standard matt black, and thinner being a straight steerer - it's a unique and immediately recognisable fork!

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Police report lodged today.

A chat with the dodgy fuckers next door yesterday only served to deepen my suspicion. I tried not to be too accusatory, but when I requested to look at their CCTV footage (they have cameras everywhere, including two looking over my driveway....) they got all evasive & jittery, which to me screams there's incriminating evidence.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Police report lodged today.

A chat with the dodgy fuckers next door yesterday only served to deepen my suspicion. I tried not to be too accusatory, but when I requested to look at their CCTV footage (they have cameras everywhere, including two looking over my driveway....) they got all evasive & jittery, which to me screams there's incriminating evidence.
If on the radar for other misdeeds, eventually cops will be inside their property. Cops are not doing shit for a stolen bike alone, VicPol more and more behave like the enforcer and protector of the state that’s not out to help you and me.

If you want talk about a budget camera system that doesn’t suck, message me and I can point you in the right direction.

Possibly we should have a whole thread dedicated to security. Active and passive security.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Posted in a local FB community group, and not long after got a message from a bloke who thinks he might have seen it in the area. I'm paraphrasing, but the basics went like, "pretty spiffy bike, distinctive colours, ridden by a dodgy-lookin' dude who looked really awkward on it". At times that could describe me, but the observation was post-nicking, plus it was seen on-road, where I'd try to avoid riding it.