VES at Lysty?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
My wife is doing teams for the race, I'll be volunteering and babysitting.

(Pretty sure I get brownie points for this, guilt free ride day for me in the near future!)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty sure I'll be doing the 3hr. Never ridden Lysterfield before so if anyone has a GPS file for that loop I'd love to have a gander at it

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
My wife is doing teams for the race, I'll be volunteering and babysitting.

(Pretty sure I get brownie points for this, guilt free ride day for me in the near future!)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
No, there will always be an integral guilt module attached to every ride, a bit like one of those drones that tracks and follows you, filming your exploits for youtube infamy. It's a matter of how well you are able to tune it out.

Snockers

Likes Bikes

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Was planning on doing the race again this year, with my son again.
Not sure now, as I binned it big time down from Trig on Sunday morning. The jump they have built, is great when all goes well, but BAD when you get it wrong!!!

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
i did the 6hr last year, was fairly brutal - a mate pulled out after 4.5hrs due to all the climbing -i was hoping to be able to single speed it -but i don't think thats gonna happen -i might go up to moama & do their 3hr..river flats, zero climbin

John U

MTB Precision
Did the goat 6 hour in 2015. Was a great event.

Don’t set unrealistic expectations of yourself and you’ll finish. DFL always > DNF.

Considering it again this year now that Kelly has brought my attention to it. Commuting is the sum total of my training though.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone doing this race, please take extreme caution on the com games decent.
There are three big doubles half way down that have recently had new lips of the launch done. Riding there this morning I launched to clear the 2nd one off the left side and hit my head on an overhanging tree. Stay to the right. If anyone knows the organisers of the race I would suggest they do something about it before tomorrow.

I will be emailing parks.

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hit it this morning and didn't hit my head (and I'm pretty tall) but far better to be safe than sorry with that many riders.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I rode it twice this morning, no problem on the first run.
2nd run, was more to the left off the higher lip and much higher air. Gave me an almighty scare.
Could also be that it was possibly hanging slightly lower in the wet conditions.

teK--

Eats Squid
Anyone doing this race, please take extreme caution on the com games decent.
There are three big doubles half way down that have recently had new lips of the launch done. Riding there this morning I launched to clear the 2nd one off the left side and hit my head on an overhanging tree. Stay to the right. If anyone knows the organisers of the race I would suggest they do something about it before tomorrow.

I will be emailing parks.
Also, the new tabletop on this section is weird. Why put something with so much kick on such a fast section of track.