Ves 2017

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Couldn't see a thread, so here we go.

I missed round 1 at Albury.

Had a hit out at the 6 hour at Lysterfield yesterday. Despite getting some good training in the last few months (albeit running and road riding), I was certainly under-prepared for the course. Today my upper body is shagged, the legs aren't to bad.
Coming through transition at 5:58:00, should I do another lap.........yep with added cramps. I blame Moorey.
Anyway, looking forward to the next 'easier' round.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I haven't done either round so far, having been focused on the Forrest 10-hour held a couple of weeks ago, plus other things clashing with Albury. I did the Forrest - Lysty 6-hour double with only one spare week between the last couple of years, and got a bit cooked toward the end of the Lysty ones, so figured after a 10-hour I'd need more recovery time. Fairly probably going to front up for the next one though. :smile:

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Was hanging for the Forrest 10hr, and the Lysty 6 was a given... Then i came down with the manflu a week before the 10hr... That dream was over, thought ok should be right for Lysty. Didnt happen, was a magnificent course at Lysty, insanly tough course, did a weeks training after 2 weeks off the bike but just couldnt shake this manflu. Gone backwards the last couple days...

Very happy to see Blores Hill is back in the series, something to look forward to now!

Travis.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Albury was brutal on the descents - big, jagged, slippery rocks and shit tonnes of them. My shoulders ended up more sore than my legs from holding on for dear life. Still kinda glad I didn't take dually because I probably would have gone a bit faster and almost certainly would have messed it up at some stage. Fun ride still, worth the drive up.

Lysty was a hoot as always, except "the hill". I still need to have a stern word with Tim and co about that one, the collective agony that climb dished out on the day would be astronomical. Even with pansy gearing on the SS I still only did it twice, lap 3 and 4 I had to walk the first steep bit. Most people were laughing it up still though (between ragged breaths), it didn't detract from the experience.

Bring on the rest of them, can't wait to see what the other buggers throw at us!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Youies (the next round) as far as I can gather is going to be on the Kurrajong side, so should be relatively flat and fast. Buxton (final round) is a bit of a brute; it's not technically difficult, but like Albury a rough chattery surface that grinds you to bits, and with no firetrail sections it's actually quite difficult properly feed yourself 'cos you don't have those open bits.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Did the Lysty round on Sunday in a team, with my son and another friend. Good day out.
The second climb up trig was fun on the SS.
Here's a shot of my son on Aneurysm
Madness!!! I said it on the day, I pity that kids poor competitors when he hits the big leagues. There's more hardcore going on there than in the rest of the field combined!

I counted a total of 4 SS bikes on the day, possibly not the smartest move with the Hill but it sure made a few people notice when you stomped past them. (or maybe it was the loud wheezing?)

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Madness!!! I said it on the day, I pity that kids poor competitors when he hits the big leagues. There's more hardcore going on there than in the rest of the field combined!
Thanks for the kind words Planko.
The only problem I've got now is, he is riding faster than me :eek:hwell:

Travis22

Likes Dirt
I saw your boy out there Nath and sorry to say Dale my first thought was ha, i need to tell Dale to harden up and go full rigid too like this kid! Hahahaha.

Bloody oath, that young bloke of yours owned the trails out there Nath.

Travis.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Pretty miffed at missing this one, wifey put her foot down and won't let me out with 3 cracked ribs. I mean 4 or more I'd understand but 3 is manageable surely?

Have fun out there guys :'(

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
It's on the Kurrajong side, so that should be OK with at least 6 buggered ribs!

Chilly start, but I guess I'll just have to ride more to warm up. 6-hr solo for me.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
It's on the Kurrajong side, so that should be OK with at least 6 buggered ribs!

Chilly start, but I guess I'll just have to ride more to warm up. 6-hr solo for me.
In all honesty I'm just making up excuses so I don't have to line up against nath8's son again...

(I told wifey it's on the flat side of the yangs, and that people are asking to do the race on cx bikes. She said she'd start pulling my bikes apart if I entered :shock: )

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Great day at youies. Track pretty sketchy in a few spots and I managed not to crash for once :thumb:
I did hunger flat towards the end. A big kick ass Vegie Lasagna when I got home worked wonders!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
As expected, Youies was fast; I'm a mid-bunch rider and I racked up 130km in the 6 hours! :shocked:

Apparently Ballarat couldn't get venue permits to hold their round, so yeah, that's off the calendar. There was talk of trying to move the round elsewhere but I haven't heard if that worked out or not yet.