Venus Bay (Vic) area riding?

MB

Intense Australia
Hey RotorBurners!

I'm heading down to Venus Bay for the Easter weekend, just wondering if there's any decent riding in the area for trail/AM/XC?

Cheers

kooga

Likes Bikes
Not that i know of. But if there is i would love to know as well. I hear foster has some nice tracks but that is a bit of a haul

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Moonman,

I spend a fair bit of time down there and the closest stuff I've found is at Foster. Click for details.

Outside that I'd love to know of any closer around Inverloch/ Venus B as well. I tend to just go for a gravel grind if I can't get to Foster.

MB

Intense Australia
Hi Moonman,

I spend a fair bit of time down there and the closest stuff I've found is at Foster. Click for details.

Outside that I'd love to know of any closer around Inverloch/ Venus B as well. I tend to just go for a gravel grind if I can't get to Foster.
Awesome, thanks Coaster! I don't suppose that's actually you in your avatar?

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's about 30 min from Venus Bay to Foster and the trail is worth the drive. Each loop is a pretty honest 25mins. Nice little town too (no, I have no idea about it).

Outside that I was told that there was riding in Grantville on the way down but have never stopped to look despite going past about 400 times.

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-38.383718,145.551467&num=1&t=h&z=15

And my Avatar? It's Bruce Doull, a Carlton legend and one of my fav players. Hard, honest, unique.

MB

Intense Australia
Yeah I remember the flying doormat... What a great nickname. I'd definitely agree with you on him as a player, I used to follow footy in those days as a Richmond supporter and the battles between those teams in the day were epic.

Thanks heaps for the tip on Foster trails, I'll make time over the weekend to go there for sure.

Cheers