uploading photos

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
“Attach file”

Pick photo.

Curse dozer because photo size limit is too small.

Download app to resize photo’s on phone.

Resize photo’s on phone.

“Attach file”

Curse dozer again because now you have a multi step process to uploading photo’s.

Garto

Likes Bikes
All good mate, just being super lazy, I'm sure Google will sort me out.

thanks for the help.

stirk

Burner
cheers legend. Any recommendations for apps for photo resize on samsung?
Snapseed is by far the best image editing app in my opinion. So many ways to edit images and in the settings you can change the size of the export and shared files which reduces them to a size suitable for upload.

stirk

Burner
“Attach file”

Pick photo.

Curse dozer because photo size limit is too small.

Download app to resize photo’s on phone.

Resize photo’s on phone.

“Attach file”

Curse dozer again because now you have a multi step process to uploading photo’s.
Dude, the server sits under Scots bed, is likely circa 1993 running Windows NT, size matters!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Go Snapseed, it's pretty easy to use.

Or Imgur, bit fiddly but gets the job done without clogging your phone with multiple files of the same photo.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
how the hell does one upload stored images in PM's,
I can see where you can add a URL but nowhere can I see where to load your own pics into private messages

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
how the hell does one upload stored images in PM's,
I can see where you can add a URL but nowhere can I see where to load your own pics into private messages
Don't think you can for some reason. I've never been able to find it. Don't know why it isn't just like posting in a thread.... Very annoying!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
cheers legend. Any recommendations for apps for photo resize on samsung?

The quick and easy answers are:
  • Crop the photo in your basic image editing program supplied by android (that's what I usually do)
  • Just snap a screen shot and post that.

A while ago @Scott (I think it was) upped the file size for a bit, maybe about the time the forum had rhe massive overhaul. There was some chit chat about it in the forum ideas section. This seems to have reverted to 2mg. Or was that gb? Or kb? Shit...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The quick and easy answers are:
  • Crop the photo in your basic image editing program supplied by android (that's what I usually do)
  • Just snap a screen shot and post that.
A while ago @Scott (I think it was) upped the file size for a bit, maybe about the time the forum had rhe massive overhaul. There was some chit chat about it in the forum ideas section. This seems to have reverted to 2mg. Or was that gb? Or kb? Shit...
Must be smaller than that, they were @moorey pics in high res.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
is there any nerdy types that can assist the mods to enable the upload function of personal pics within the PM forum
because at present this is a major PITA.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That is disabled for some reason. There was discussion earlier in the year and it cannot be done. Might have been because @moorey was sending @Dozer dick pics 3 or 4 times a day.
Theres no issues attaching pictures in PM if you're using tapatalk, at least there hasn't been every time i've tried

...or should i have not said that in earshot of moorey?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Oh didn't realise that - so it's possibly only a web browser issue?

Does it happen to people on all browsers except tapatalk?