UPDATE new GripSport rack UPDATE

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
[h=2]First lets just go back a bit in case anyone has forgotten.

This is our brand new Hi-Ride carrier model…the “Tilty”[/h]
CLICK HERE
for a video.

And yep, it’s a really stupid name for a bike rack, but we’re sticking with it… A/ because we can… B/ because we don't care if you think it's a dumb-arse name… and C/ because it’s a bloody “Tilty”, so what else were we going to call it?

Anyway, unlike the “hinged” carriers that are out there on the market, the Tilty does NOT hinge down from the tow bar. It also does NOT force you to your knees to operate awkward latches and remove (then struggle to re-fit) a bunch of locking pins. Most importantly though, it does NOT drop your bikes onto the ground, it does NOT leave you with a dirty great weight to lift back up (and then hold in position while you crouch down to reinsert those locking pins etc) and it most definitely does NOT rely on a “hinge” point for the carrier’s structural integrity.

What the Tilty DOES do though, is shift your bikes from fully upright, to tilted way back… in just seconds. It also keeps your bikes well clear of the ground while still giving you access into the rear of your vehicle. And on top of that… it’s all balanced so perfectly that you can tilt the bikes back into their upright position with two fingers and have the whole thing secured and ready to drive off in just seconds.
[h=4]So are you getting a picture of the differences between a hinged bike rack and a Tilty? If not, have another look at our little video… then try and tell us you don’t want one. Go on… we dare you.[/h][h=2]And the good news is... You can PRE-order yours right now![/h] The one in the video is just a prototype… without zinc plating or powder coating, but we’re into our first production run right now and expecting the first batch of pretty ones to be rolling out the door in the first week of December.

Price for this great bit of kit is $598 and delivery anywhere in Australia (if wanted, but you’re welcome to pickup) is a flat-rate $50.

[h=2]An update on the update... first batch is nearly sold out already... second batch started too. Get your order in now or don't blame us if Christmas rolls around and you are Tilty-less!!!!![/h]

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Proto, hasn't even got a lick o paint on it yet. I think I may have seen it sitting in the driveway....guessing final details will be ready just in time for the chrissy rush.

Grip

Cheers guys. The plan is to have it costed and be taking orders next week... production to start the week after that... smiling faces way before Christmas.

moorey

call me Mia
That's fine work John. If I wasn't a ute man, I'd be queuing up. That said....the wife's car....hmmm. Will they come as a 2 bike max?

Grip

That's fine work John. If I wasn't a ute man, I'd be queuing up. That said....the wife's car....hmmm. Will they come as a 2 bike max?

Cheers mate. Definitely only a 2-bike.... for this year at least :topsy_turvy:

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I'll stay tuned for the triple. Me and the kids....wife can't fit... Such a shame. :behindsofa:

Grip

Reckon you guys will ever make a North Shore style rack?
We actually priced a 6-bike North Shore style rack for a customer just last month. To do a one-off for someone from the ground up would be bloody expensive at about $1500 and the only way that price comes down is if we can make (say) 100 at a time... and the reality is the market for this type of rack just isn't big enough here in OZ to do that so we'd be stuck with 99 of them for 2-3 years probably.

Then again when you look at the price of the North Shore in Aussie dollars... $1500 for a one-off custom isn't actually that bad at all.

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There is a bloke near me who makes North Shore style racks. PM me if you're interested.

Eagerly awaiting price and availability of these racks Sir Grip :)

Grip

There is a bloke near me who makes North Shore style racks. PM me if you're interested.
If he can do small quantities at a decent price then I reckon he'll do OK.

Eagerly awaiting price and availability of these racks Sir Grip :)
Our standard Hi-Ride (the "Fixie") will be staying at exactly the same price it's been for 2 years (and that's $448)

The new "Tilty" looks like it will be UNDER $600

And the big news is... we've redesigned the "Fixie" so that it can be retro fitted with the "Tilty" mechanism down the track. So, if you can't afford the "Tilty" right now? No problem. Buy the "Fixie" and convert it to a "Tilty" when you're ready. JUST NOTE... only Hi-Rides bought AFTER October 2015 are able to be retro-fitted with the "Tilty" mechanism.

So almost there!!!!! We're going to start taking orders next week and see if we can't pre sellout the first production run (good for the bragging rights). Anyone interested needs to contact us via PH: (03) 9466 2553 or Email mail@gripsport.com.au

And keep in mind we haven't even mentioned the new "Tilty" on our own website yet. This whole pre-order thing is an exclusive Rotorburn deal... for now.

Cheers