Tyre refusing to seat - any suggestions

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Not many hits make me go "Ooooooooooft..." out loud, but that was one of them. :( Hope you pull up okay @jrewing.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Not many hits make me go "Ooooooooooft..." out loud, but that was one of them. :( Hope you pull up okay @jrewing.
Yeah ok
Just roughed up but fine. I dodged a bullet I know. Rung the bell a bit. I shouldered and face whacked the rock. Open face helmet untouched.
That was the Exo+ before they beefed it up. Hestitant to run them again.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a new WTB tire I have been tying to get right. I have put in the sealant, pumped it up with a compressor, heard it pop onto the bead. Won't hold air: loses it very slowly. Repeated the process several times with same result. Put new valve in as well.
Today I filled the bath tub enough to submerge the tire and most of the rim. Well, dozens of little bubbles coming through the sidewalls.
Can this be fixed with more sealant? Resort to tube? New tire?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have a new WTB tire I have been tying to get right. I have put in the sealant, pumped it up with a compressor, heard it pop onto the bead. Won't hold air: loses it very slowly. Repeated the process several times with same result. Put new valve in as well.
Today I filled the bath tub enough to submerge the tire and most of the rim. Well, dozens of little bubbles coming through the sidewalls.
Can this be fixed with more sealant? Resort to tube? New tire?
Gravel tyre perchance? The WTBs were infamous for this for a bit. They claim their new compounds don't suffer from it. I had one pair that leaked like a sieve, another pair that has held without issue. More sealant didn't solve the porous set I had unfortunately. If they're a fresh purchase, maybe reach out to them. I believe they were replacing some free-of-charge a while back, but I never got around to following mine up...

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No, a trail tire. Trail Boss. I might just put it onto a Mavic XC rim with a tube I have a set of for when we are riding up the country in outback Tasmania.
It's been in the cupboard for 18 months.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The trail boss I've had is fairly ok with the caffelatex sealant, which I despise. Just needs a bit of air after 2 weeks. Maybe give it a top up and take it for a good ride.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Give it a really good spin, tilted over at various angles to get the inner surface of the tyre fully coated with sealant. Might take a little while, but once the goo forms a membrane over the inside of the tyre it'll hold air better. I had a set of Schwalbe RaRas that were like that; for the first two or three weeks you could see the sealant sweating out of the sidewalls!