Tweet Tweet

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I broke a pivot bolt in this at Lake Mountain a couple of weeks ago and am still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. While I'm waiting it got a birthday with new frame bearings throughout, NSD serviced the shock and I got some RWC roller bearings for it too. Notably the frame has these nice castellated crush tubes between the bearings to stop you over tightening them. NSD are legends, I posted the shock there on Monday and had it back on Friday.
My son stole my Mezzers for his bike so I've got his Ohlins 36 on it and from the one ride I've done they're quite impressive. I'll need to drop the travel back to 150mm and get closer on the air spring pressures but I reckon the Pikes with the Push damper may just sit on the shelf gathering dust.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This thing is still going well and I don't have any plans to replace it at this point but I'm due for a new bike so you never know.
I always struggled with brake noise on this, it was like the 2000s again riding Avid Elixirs. I changed pads, calipers, brackets and hardware but it always had a bit of a Turkey warble. After a Lake Mountain run the pad material fell off the backing on the Galfers so I put the Race Matrix pads in but the Turkey was still there. Finally I got some Aliexpress rotors and that solved the problem, stupid Swiss Stop things had been the problem the whole time.
I got the shock rebuilt by Mtb Suspension Centre who did a great job and stopped it dropping pressure, then I put my shock craft Mezzers on and sorted out the tune.
It's nearly due for its 6th chain, so must have covered a few km by now.