Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Fuckin' Donny... there needs to be a tragic accident involving a blender, toaster oven, and whatever Elvis-esque culinary abominations that Donny stuffs himself with.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Funniest part is Trump seems to legitimately think there's no issue with any of it because he declassified it all by himself using his own crayons and Ivanka told him afterwards he was such a clever boy.

Unfortunately don't see much coming from it unless he's proved to have done something truly reprehensible like give defence secrets to old mate Putin or something. The aim seems to have been to simply get the files back.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Funniest part is Trump seems to legitimately think there's no issue with any of it because he declassified it all by himself using his own crayons and Ivanka told him afterwards he was such a clever boy.

Unfortunately don't see much coming from it unless he's proved to have done something truly reprehensible like give defence secrets to old mate Putin or something. The aim seems to have been to simply get the files back.
I think it's in their Federal law that holding classified documents in a non govt secure facility without proper authorization, can be grounds for barring that person from holding ANY office ever again. It would be a handy way of excluding donny from being a president or governor.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
It would be a handy way of excluding donny from being a president or governor.
Yeah but I kinda hope that doesn't happen. Make him show his cards, declare his run and then get destroyed by DeSantis. If he gets barred he'll just use it to push the "world is against meeeee" bullshit. If he runs against DeSantis (or whoever) it'll be a conversative bloodbath that'll sap resources and energy away from the Presidential run, or he'll bitch out and demonstrate to the MAGAs he's a paper tiger. Either way I want popcorn.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
DeSantis is a bigger threat to the US, NATO and the world than Trump ever was.
I thought the same about Cruz back in 2016, and was happy Trump beat him cus I honestly thought Cruz would be far worse. I was wrong.

IMO while there will always be smarter and far more dangerous leaders than Trump, it's unlikely that they'll have the ability to stir up a mob like Trump can. He might be a complete moron in many ways, but his ability to read the room and energize his base is a talent I have yet to see anyone else emulate.

The real danger would be someone with a hugely established following of near fanatics giving it a go, like Musk or Rogan.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
He might be a complete moron in many ways, but his ability to read the room and energize his base is a talent I have yet to see anyone else emulate..
Let me introduce you to a little thing called history:

I know, I know, what you said was correct. I just wanted to post pics of what happens when people like Trump stoke feelings of grievance and anger within a section of society who see themselves as more worthy than others.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Let me introduce you to a little thing called history:
View attachment 392118View attachment 392119
View attachment 392120View attachment 392122View attachment 392121
View attachment 392123

I know, I know, what you said was correct. I just wanted to post pics of what happens when people like Trump stoke feelings of grievance and anger within a section of society who see themselves as more worthy than others.
Beat me to it. I know comparisons to Hitler are sometimes overused and passé but the similarities between how Trump and Hitler use(d) their language and platforms to energize populist sentiment is alarming.