Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, plus all the dirt about to be unveiled with his tax returns. Won't shift any of the cultists obviously but it'll just turn off more moderates, swing voters and Romney Republicans. Great news for Biden and co.

I can't understand how the statue is not satire. It's an inside joke right.... right?
Dems are doing a handy job at sabotaging themselves at the moment though, what with even Bernie looking to abandon the $15 minimum wage push at the moment.
Manchin is an utter chunt, but doing exactly as expected, and Sinema is right there with him. If they don’t grow a set, and stop trying to appease the GOP, they’ll get nothing done, and midterm backlash may be swift.
I think the GOP are just in suck up mode for the moment. Trump is still a better friend than enemy, though I think they both know they’re just using each other...GOP for white conservatives, and Trump for the ego massage.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I dunno what else they can do really. Go hard for $15 in the certain knowledge it'll fail thanks to Manchin / Sinema, or go for $11-12 (which is still an appreciable increase on the garbage $7.50 or whatever it is now). They simply don't have the numbers to do anything else imo.

You are correct though, they need to go big or they will be sent home post 2022 mid-terms.

moorey

call me Mia
I dunno what else they can do really. Go hard for $15 in the certain knowledge it'll fail thanks to Manchin / Sinema, or go for $11-12 (which is still an appreciable increase on the garbage $7.50 or whatever it is now). They simply don't have the numbers to do anything else imo.

You are correct though, they need to go big or they will be sent home post 2022 mid-terms.
Cenk on the Young Turks broke it down far better than anyone else I’ve heard. They can do it, they just have to stop being polite, and stop listening to the GOP’s invented road blocks.
I’m not convinced that they actually want the $15, aside from a couple of senators. It’s not in their donors interests, and it’s easier to just pretend they tried.

moorey

call me Mia
So....as predicted, Joe isn’t living up to the hype.
He promised to legalize marijuana, but now he’s firing and suspending staffers who admitted to have smoked in the past...including people who smoked in states where it’s legal to do so.
He was more fervent in the war on drugs that both Papa Bush and Reagan....so it’s no surprise.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
He promised to legalize marijuana, but now he’s firing and suspending staffers who admitted to have smoked in the past...including people who smoked in states where it’s legal to do so.
He was more fervent in the war on drugs that both Papa Bush and Reagan....so it’s no surprise.
Rightly so, once you taste the devil's lettuce you're brain is ruined forever.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Joe's presidency will be no revolution, just a foray into the mundane.
Strange, I think I will miss talking about the crazy antics of Trump but the world will be better off without them.

moorey

call me Mia
Joe's presidency will be no revolution, just a foray into the mundane.
Strange, I think I will miss talking about the crazy antics of Trump but the world will be better off without them.
Very much so. Joe is all about the status quo. I bet he almost wished he didn’t control senate, so he could throw up his hands and say ‘oh well, we tried’ instead of trying to fulfill his promises.
Plenty of GOP crazy still without Trump, but they are just back to doing it quietly, without the orange moron singing it from the tree tops.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Did you miss Biden falling up the stairs twice? Right wing media went INSANE!
Yebbut, that sort of thing doesn't happen enough. I'm after full covfefe again and it just isn't happening.
If you all let him win like he wanted then none of this would have happened.

Joe must have a Nokia 3310 and someone else texts for him. No Twitter wackiness anymore.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Yebbut, that sort of thing doesn't happen enough. I'm after full covfefe again and it just isn't happening.
If you all let him win like he wanted then none of this would have happened.

Joe must have a Nokia 3310 and someone else texts for him. No Twitter wackiness anymore.
Yeah - 'old man falls up stairs' ain't in the same league as 'presidential campaign calls media conference at Four Seasons (gardening service...) than runs with it like they meant it all along and then move on to the next bat-shit crazy thing before anyone has a chance to fully explore how inept they all are'.

That said, I prefer the world where the old man falls up the stairs. Twice