Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

moorey

call me Mia
Trump on losers and suckers from wars.

“Trump rejected the idea of the visit because he feared his hair would become disheveled in the rain, and because he did not believe it important to honor American war dead, according to four people with firsthand knowledge of the discussion that day. In a conversation with senior staff members on the morning of the scheduled visit, Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed”

Binaural

Eats Squid
It's not that he's immoral but, there's just something missing from his humanity. The USA has got to make the right choice in November, and even then I would be keeping the closest eye on the transition period. Apart from the expected river of pardons, he'll be certain to get involved in some chicanery.

moorey

call me Mia
going to war is a shit idea at the best of times, but it's a giant "fuck you" to those who died while serving, especially as the americans seem fond of automatically blurting out "thankyou for your service" to anyone who ever put on a uniform.
I’m as antiwar as the next person, but for many poor Americans, it’s the only way out in many peoples opinion. They very much pray on the vulnerable when recruiting. The whole patriotism thing that they have going runs very deed, and it is generational.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It negates the sales pitch of service being an honourable endeavour when the president of Murica shits on military dead.
And is a documented draft dodger. Not sure which is worse, his draft dodging or W's AWOL while on easy service? It is amazing that a culture with such a fervent passion for the glorification of war has had 2 cowards as president. One of who went managed to start 2 wars! Just unbelievable

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m as antiwar as the next person, but for many poor Americans, it’s the only way out in many peoples opinion. They very much pray on the vulnerable when recruiting. The whole patriotism thing that they have going runs very deed, and it is generational.
*prey :p

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Did enjoy Trump's 319th Spin Doctor try and PR Trump's way out of that one "no no he has utmost respect of our military" on Twitter yesterday.

• On record belittling George H.W. Bush for being a "loser" for getting shot down in WW2
  • On record for denying McCain is a hero because he got captured. Multiple times.
  • On record insulting the family of a fallen Gold Star recipient.

Dig up stupid.