Trump..... (The Sophistry Thread)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Trumpism alive and kicking in "murcia...

A little. More that Democrats have been caught up in bickering across both Houses, have not progressed much agenda, arguably have little mandate to do so, and are doing little to curb rising gas prices, inflation, and supplies shortages (including Thanksgiving Turkeys!)

Worthy of note is the Republican who unexpectedly won in Virginia mentioned Trump very (very) little in his campaign and did not invite Trump to campaign with him (this despite his opponents trying to smear him as a Trumpist constantly).

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Trumpism alive and kicking in "murcia...
The 'real' news is here. Just when you thought weirdness was done, it kept on giving.
Surprisingly, a resurrected JFK Jr didn't show on cue but I think he could have easily hidden out with the other corpses at a Rolling Stones concert later and been totally missed.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/qanon-kennedy-jfk-jr-dealey-plaza-dallas-1251929/

The expectation among some attendees was that JFK Jr. would reveal himself along with his father, JFK Sr., to great fanfare. “We’re expecting a parade,” said a woman named Ginny who had come all the way from Nebraska. “JFK is going to be here.” Ginny then went on to describe her beliefs that many dead celebrities are actually alive, are a part of a secret plan, and that there will be a big reveal later tonight at the Rolling Stones concert at the Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas. “Robin Williams was here the other day… Michael Jackson is high in the movement.”

Here we go................

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A little. More that Democrats have been caught up in bickering across both Houses, have not progressed much agenda, arguably have little mandate to do so, and are doing little to curb rising gas prices, inflation, and supplies shortages (including Thanksgiving Turkeys!)

Worthy of note is the Republican who unexpectedly won in Virginia mentioned Trump very (very) little in his campaign and did not invite Trump to campaign with him (this despite his opponents trying to smear him as a Trumpist constantly).
Probably the biggest mistake was the Democrat(s) candidate not reading the electorate. Polls consistently showed that parents wanted more say in what schools taught. In most American states, curriculum is decided at a local level by locally elected school boards. During a debate between candidates, the Democratic candidate responded to a question about this by answering ""I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach,". It came back to haunt him and he was back tracking on it till the polls closed. Exit polling showed that many voters were unhappy with this.
Doesn't seem that Trump played much of a role in this. Trump still claims it's down to him but fewer Republicans seem too be embracing him.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Probably the biggest mistake was the Democrat(s) candidate not reading the electorate. Polls consistently showed that parents wanted more say in what schools taught. In most American states, curriculum is decided at a local level by locally elected school boards. During a debate between candidates, the Democratic candidate responded to a question about this by answering ""I don't think parents should be telling schools what they should teach,". It came back to haunt him and he was back tracking on it till the polls closed. Exit polling showed that many voters were unhappy with this.
Doesn't seem that Trump played much of a role in this. Trump still claims it's down to him but fewer Republicans seem too be embracing him.
By Trumpism I dont necessarily mean Trump - I mean the dumb arse right wing dog whistling fact free bullshit he weaponised.... Youngkin may have avoided Trump himself, but he sure used the tactics.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The 'real' news is here. Just when you thought weirdness was done, it kept on giving.
Surprisingly, a resurrected JFK Jr didn't show on cue but I think he could have easily hidden out with the other corpses at a Rolling Stones concert later and been totally missed.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/qanon-kennedy-jfk-jr-dealey-plaza-dallas-1251929/

The expectation among some attendees was that JFK Jr. would reveal himself along with his father, JFK Sr., to great fanfare. “We’re expecting a parade,” said a woman named Ginny who had come all the way from Nebraska. “JFK is going to be here.” Ginny then went on to describe her beliefs that many dead celebrities are actually alive, are a part of a secret plan, and that there will be a big reveal later tonight at the Rolling Stones concert at the Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas. “Robin Williams was here the other day… Michael Jackson is high in the movement.”

Here we go................
Just when it seemed Americans couldn't get any more stupid.... :oops:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Just when it seemed Americans couldn't get any more stupid.... :oops:
It is strange and few assorted news sites have picked up on the head scratching story.

I would think Michael Jackson could be hard to find once resurrected.
Would he appear as a kid in the Jacksons?
Or look like he did in the 'Off the Wall, Don't stop ill you get enough' period?

If Mike returns as he did in the Thriller video especially around Halloween time at a Rolling Stones concert where the average age of the punters would have to be mid 60s+ then I'd think he is essentially invisible.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is strange and few assorted news sites have picked up on the head scratching story.

I would think Michael Jackson could be hard to find once resurrected.
Would he appear as a kid in the Jacksons?
Or look like he did in the 'Off the Wall, Don't stop ill you get enough' period?

If Mike returns as he did in the Thriller video especially around Halloween time at a Rolling Stones concert where the average age of the punters would have to be mid 60s+ then I'd think he is essentially invisible.
My personal favourite in the whole thing was the ones getting around with Trump/Kennedy 2020 flags.
They do know we're now almost at the end of 2021 now right? Ha-ha

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My personal favourite in the whole thing was the ones getting around with Trump/Kennedy 2020 flags.
They do know we're now almost at the end of 2021 now right? Ha-ha
They can rework that 202'1' into a 202'4'. It surely has to get weirder as the 2024 election comes closer.
In hindsight, I don't think we have reached the summit of Mt Stupid just yet.

It would have been a hoot to dress up as a deceased star and quietly hang around the Rolling Stones concert.