Sold Trek Stache frame + optional parts

LPG

likes thicc birds
Item: Trek Stache Frame -Aluminium 2016 Model in Purple. Large or whatever number Trek uses. Boost wheel & 31.6 seat post
Includes: headset, seat post clamp and sram gxp bb. I'll also throw in the Grips that match the blue on the decals. (Don't suit the other bikes)

Optional items that could be included

29+ Fork & front wheel: Manitou Magnum Pro 29+ (awesome fork) and a 29+ wheel (Generic hub & sun ringle mulefut 45mm inner width rim). I am considering putting this on my new hardtail but I also have a Spare 29er fork that may go on to it. If the buyer wants this fork and wheel that makes the decision for me.

Rear wheel: I have a 29+ rear wheel that could go with the frame. A SR mulefut rim on a hope pro4 boost hub. I want the hub for the rear wheel on my new hardtail but I could be convinced to sell the wheel instead of pulling the wheel apart just for the hub.

Stem: I have a 60mm stem that can go with the frame if needed

Location: Wollongong NSW, could possible make an exchange at a Sydney trail. Could ship at buyer's expense.

Item Condition: Some cosmetic wear/normal scratches, no dents or cracks. Has been well used but definitely not abused and has plenty of life

Reason for selling: Not endurobro enough :D (new frame to have geo closer to my other bike)

Price and price conditions: $180 for frame, more if you want some extras

Extra Info:

Sizing: The frame fits me at 180cm but with a 60-80mm stem. It will suit someone my height if you are into the more traditional geo/fitting. If you are after a modern trail hardtail it would suit someone shorter than me with a shorter stem.
I have an unused 60mm stem if you want.

Wheel size: Currently it is 29+ which works really well for a hardtail despite the trend having fizzled out. This would suit a any 29er wheels perfectly. Have a rear 29+ rim/wheel that I could sell with the frame. I want the hope pro4 hub on the wheel but I could be convinced to part with the wheel.

The frame suits a 130 or 140 29er fork or a 110-120 29+ fork. Obviously you can play with this to suit what you want.

The frame has sliding dropouts so could suit a single speed setup without chain tensioner. Chainstay can be adjusted from 413 to 420mm (short!)

Pictures:

See below as built up. I'm currently moving the parts over and will post photos once itnis stripped and cleaned.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dibs, will check over the the geo and whatnot and will get back to you within 24hrs.

I'll likely pick it up in the next 2 weeks, if I buy it.

LPG

likes thicc birds
Dibs, will check over the the geo and whatnot and will get back to you within 24hrs.

I'll likely pick it up in the next 2 weeks, if I buy it.
Cheers, the below geo chart is correct at size 19.5" aside from the effect of slight changes in travel.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I notice that you have the Bonty Chupas on in the pics. Did you continue running those all the years after you bought the bike or did you try different tyres as well? I only ask as I know how expensive Bonty tyres are, and the Chupas are exceptional in that sense.

cammas

Seamstress
Hey @LPG if johnny doesn’t take it, I’ll grab it just need it posted to Victoria, I’m only interested in the frame, already got wheels and forks.

Reactions: LPG

LPG

likes thicc birds
I notice that you have the Bonty Chupas on in the pics. Did you continue running those all the years after you bought the bike or did you try different tyres as well? I only ask as I know how expensive Bonty tyres are, and the Chupas are exceptional in that sense.
The chupas are excellent and they know it with the pricing. They ride well and last amazingly long. If you grab the wheels they will come with a visibly unworn chupa on the rear (was run on the front for a while) and a 2 ride old xr4 29x3.0 which looks very chunky in 3.0 and rode well on the quick ride but wasn't enough to really comment. I have some spare chupas, from memory one that has good looking tread but might need a patch for a tiny hole and another that is somewhat worn but I kept duebtonthebcost of the things. Fortunately the shallow knobs never seem to break off but with all of them they grip really well.

You may end up with more value in tyres than frame ;)

I tried a wtb ranger fast/light and it failed much too quickly on the rear (they are just heavier than the chupas but the compound is really soft and the sidewalls puncture easily on rocks from my experience). I didn't try anything else as I managed to get some chupas from Italy for less than half au price (a very good score considering trek/bontrager refuse online selling)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
XR4s are great tyres too. I think the XR3 Factory are my all time #1 tyre. I'm a big fan of Bonty kit.

Difficult to see me not buying this. Going to PMs.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
XR4s are great tyres too. I think the XR3 Factory are my all time #1 tyre. I'm a big fan of Bonty kit.
Agreed. Very underrated combo. Was super sad a few years ago (circa early 2017) when I couldn't find any in stock of either and switched to Maxxis.