AM Transition to Banshee

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
My Prime is at 140mm, I think a 150mm long a-c fork would be good, like a Durolux or Auron35
I've gone with the dropouts in neutral to see if that gives me a bit more clearance with the 140mm fork, I'll try the low at some point too. But yeah, just looking at this bike you can tell it wants more!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I've gone with the dropouts in neutral to see if that gives me a bit more clearance with the 140mm fork, I'll try the low at some point too. But yeah, just looking at this bike you can tell it wants more!
I admit I’m pretty rubbish but I keep smashing my pedals on stuff, I reckon another 10mm or so on the front would be sweet

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Test ride day!

Just had to measure chain and set sag this morning before final adjustments and heading out to bathe it in Stromlo dust. Had to go all the way up to 280 psi to get the Banshee recommended sag, and then a few more to run it a little firmer.

Will take me a few more rides to get totally used to the bigger bike, but felt reasonably comfortable by the end of this one. The extra room when seated is very welcome! The main thing that was different was having the axles further away from me, well at least it felt that with 85mm extra wheel base. Definitely noticed this when dropping off things and cornering (easier to slide the back out).

Seems to pedal pretty well, was a bit stiff today so just chilled, but it didn't feel as quick as the Smuggler either, see if that changes. Definitely much faster on the downs though.

Pretty happy overall - thanks to the 'burners who helped me get this up and running, and the one who sold me the frame too!

Updated first post with specs.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Test ride day!

Just had to measure chain and set sag this morning before final adjustments and heading out to bathe it in Stromlo dust. Had to go all the way up to 280 psi to get the Banshee recommended sag, and then a few more to run it a little firmer.

Will take me a few more rides to get totally used to the bigger bike, but felt reasonably comfortable by the end of this one. The extra room when seated is very welcome! The main thing that was different was having the axles further away from me, well at least it felt that with 85mm extra wheel base. Definitely noticed this when dropping off things and cornering (easier to slide the back out).

Seems to pedal pretty well, was a bit stiff today so just chilled, but it didn't feel as quick as the Smuggler either, see if that changes. Definitely much faster on the downs though.

Pretty happy overall - thanks to the 'burners who helped me get this up and running, and the one who sold me the frame too!

View attachment 382361
View attachment 382362

Very pretty bike, even though it’s not black.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Test ride day!

View attachment 382361
View attachment 382362

Looks great. Love a raw banshee