Transition got Cross! CX. that is!!!

xero

Supersports
PRESS RELEASE:
TRANSITION BIKES INTRODUCES THE RAPTURE

23.jpg

Many of the folks at Transition are long time cyclocross racers so it was only natural to come out with our take on a cross bike that can not only shred dirt but be extremely competitive come race day. We choose steel for the same awesome feel as our TransAM models. The frame is packed with awesome details like a custom dropout that gives you the option for singlespeed or geared builds. On the Transition Rapture you can make fast singlespeed wheel changes with a QR wheel and no need to retension. The dropout's compact and easy to use Swinger Tension System allows you to set and forget.

24.jpg

The frame comes with an ED coating inside and out so it is rust proof all over. The top tube features internal brake cable routing so nothing gets in the way of shouldering your bike. If you are running singlespeed, the downtube cable stops are removable for a cleaner look. All framesets come standard with our steel disc cross fork for a balanced feel. The headtube is 44mm to run tapered steerer tube carbon forks (We are huge fans of the ENVE Composites disc cross fork which saves over a pound on the build). Dropouts come standard with a derailleur mount but if you are running a singlespeed we do have a hangerless dropout available for a super clean look.

25.jpg

SPECS:
WHEEL SIZE: 700c
FRAME MATERIAL: Founderland Co. LTD Race Butted 4130 Seamless Chromoly with ED Rust Proof finish
SIZES: 48 (S), 52 (M), 55 (L), 58 (XL)
COLORS: Matte Black, Neon Green
FRAME WEIGHT: 4.7 lbs / 2.14 kg (Size 55)
FORK WEIGHT: 2.2 lbs / 1.00 kg (Uncut Steerer Tube)
COMPLETE WEIGHT: 18.5 lbs / 8.39 kg (Green bike as shown)
WARRANTY: 2 year defect warranty, lifetime crash replacement.
SEATPOST/CLAMP: 27.2mm Seatpost/29.8mm Clamp
HEADTUBE: 44mm/44mm External
BOTTOM BRACKET: 68mm BSA
REAR DROPOUT: 135mm x 10mm Vertical (With Swinger Tension System)
FRONT DERAILLEUR: 31.8mm High Clamp (Bottom Pull)
FRAMESET PRICE: To be confirmed (Comes with Matching Chromoly Disc Fork)

26.jpg

And Just for Kicks...... a new training regime for you guys!

[video=vimeo;83347849]http://vimeo.com/83347849[/video]

jbg

Likes Dirt
^yea defiantly the most mtb looking CX bike I've seen so far
I know the CX purists will hate it but it looks like it's aimed at the cross over mtb crowd, with flats instead of drop bars it's probably easier to go between bikes?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
^yea defiantly the most mtb looking CX bike I've seen so far
I know the CX purists will hate it but it looks like it's aimed at the cross over mtb crowd, with flats instead of drop bars it's probably easier to go between bikes?
Definitely... I've got a disc CX with flat bars. :p going to drops now though.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just interested, why would you prefer non disc? Weight?
I run rim brakes on my cross bike. Well set up, good quality rim brakes pull up just ad well in 99% of the conditions I ride in (including rain). And nothing is funner riding at the limit the other 1% of the time.

This bike is just a rebadged traitor crusade for marketing purposes. But it's been on my to buy list for a very long time..

jbg

Likes Dirt
how powerful are cable discs these days?
Not that I have a CX bike but I have a good set of hydros on my commuter and with too much pressure the bike becomes a skid machine.
Guess you have to be pretty light handed with discs on such light bikes..........unless your in road bike party 2

mitchy_

Llama calmer
how powerful are cable discs these days?
Not that I have a CX bike but I have a good set of hydros on my commuter and with too much pressure the bike becomes a skid machine.
Guess you have to be pretty light handed with discs on such light bikes..........unless your in road bike party 2
You'd be surprised. I have hydro discs and 28mm tyres. Just yesterday a car pulled out on me, jumped on the brakes and the back end lifted slightly, front had enough grip not to slide.

I think using discs on a cx also reduces shitty brakes from water, dirt, etc on the rims.